multi monitor picture request !

Has any one used Touch Buddy with the Russian version of BS yet? If so can you give an opinion on it. I am thinking of buying a touch screen soon but need to know if I am spending my money wisely. Thanks

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why it wouldn't, I'm currently using tb with FC ( see above ). My current touch screen is only 7" but if BS will work I want to get a larger touch screen and use it as Urze is in his vids.

Hopefully when the demo is released ( soon? ) we can get some firm answers to all our questions, as people get used to the setup of the sim.

I really would like to hit the ground running when the full games released in the new year.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I feel the same way. I would like to spend my Christmas money to be ready for BS. I just don't want for spend a butt ton of money on a touch screen and it not work. What 7" screen did you buy?

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Every touchscreen (AFAIK) will work also in a DirectX application. And also in span mode when you running Windows XP.

I don't know why and who's Idea it was :

But some "Genius" decided to remove the 'span' feature from Vista! :doh:

You can only run the 'Dualmode' in vista - and this allows not to expand the Direct X Application to go over 2 or even more screens.

Before you spend money:

a)Do a test/or make sure you can bring it back!

b)And make yourself sure that it has Drivers for XP!

If you fear that you can only run the supported resolution of your smallest screen(usaly the Touchscreen):

There is a 'little hack' that allows you to override this - and you can run a 1680x1050 res on a native 1024x768 touchscreen. -Just go through my posts and you will find the answer. (I'm just too lazy to search the post now ;) )

Last Tip:

I manly post in the Tech section of this forum.

In my opinion/experience is the way to use the windowed mode function a bad approch up to now:

A overall Bad Performance (but his could Change the next years - but we have to wait..).

But I really appreciate the creativity of some Members in going this way and find workarounds!

I feel the same way. I would like to spend my Christmas money to be ready for BS. I just don't want for spend a butt ton of money on a touch screen and it not work.

Edited by urze

@Urze: So it sounds like what you are saying is that if a person was to have Vista (such as myself), I'm really only going to be able to use a single touchscreen though. However, I can use another, normal monitor above it, much like how you do in that video you have on veoh.

Corsair8X

@Urze: So it sounds like what you are saying is that if a person was to have Vista (such as myself), I'm really only going to be able to use a single touchscreen though. However, I can use another, normal monitor above it, much like how you do in that video you have on veoh.

Can You write again your question in more simple words...

I Highlighted the terms that I don't understand fully and could lead to a misapprehension ( I'm native German). But my first impression is that You think : You can use it similar like in MS FS? Am I right? (be aware that MS MS don't really use the features that I showed in my vid >>>Head Tracking and Touchscreen)

Edit: ...and you are not able to use MS FS in a similar way when using "dualscreen". You can only open windows with a steady position. This forbids the use of a head tracker on more than one 'window' but still very impressive when it's well arranged! : >> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jpG3rv4zI

Edited by urze

I'm sorry about the way that I wrote my question. I forgot you are German. I will write my question again.

I have Vista. Can I do what you showed in your video with Vista? Can I do what you showed in your video with widescreen monitors?

I don't have Microsoft Flight Sim right now. I would like to use what you showed in your video with MS FS.

Corsair8X

Sorry, but you are still not very precise (please understand- I want to help):

I have Vista. Can I do what you showed in your video with Vista? Can I do what you showed in your video with widescreen monitors?

-I use no vsita.

- which wide-screen video?!

Again:

You are not able to use "span mode" in vista - "dual mode" allows not to show one DirectX application on both screens.

And up to now I didn't made a video of MS FS.

This is not my video.

Edited by urze

BlackSharkAce and Maddog01,

What kind of framerates are you guys seeing after enabling this dual-monitor setup? I just got it working on my 37" HDTV (1920x1080) and 22" (1680x1050), with the 22" showing ABRIS and Shkval, and my framerates are atrocious ... I dropped from, I'd say, 25-30 FPS down to about 5.

I've got 2MonitorTest.lua set as follows:

Description = '2MonitorTest'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/9;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 3600;

y = 220;

width = 840;

height = 620;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 4440;

y = 0;

width = 840;

height = 1050;

}

What kind of framerates are you guys seeing after enabling this dual-monitor setup? I just got it working on my 37" HDTV (1920x1080) and 22" (1680x1050), with the 22" showing ABRIS and Shkval, and my framerates are atrocious ... I dropped from, I'd say, 25-30 FPS down to about 5.

your specs say you have 1 video card...not sure if it helps any if you had a dedicated video card for each monitor..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Hi everyone,

My first post here :)

As I was interested in dual support also, I had trouble making it work with two different resolutions in vertical span. So it was trial and error 1680x1050 22" wide aspect 16:10 and 1280x1024 19" aspect 4:3. Windows didn't allow me to set more than 2560x1024 vertical spaned which looked awful on my main screen scaled and blurred completely. Finally I managed to make it on native resolution with my primary 22" camera and abris with shkval on 19 " scaled to my proportions.

The key was using windowed mode as it will not work in full screen in custom resolutions. I have set 3360x1050 resolution for vertical span in nv control panel and also I edited options.lua in data\scripts with this parameters and made it read only because there is no way to set that resolution from in game GUI. Finnaly I had to edit

config\MonitorSetup Shkval+Camera.lua

Also I added Abris and swaped it both to right monitor. Those are my setting so I just give you direction what to edit and how to set it up to work for your custom settings because these might not work with your monitors. You have to play and try.

Would you be so kind as to paste your options.lua file?!?! I have the same setup as yours and would love to have this feature!!

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if its possible to use the display of a laptop (for say the Abris) and the main desktop display for everything else?

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Does anyone know if its possible to use the display of a laptop (for say the Abris) and the main desktop display for everything else?

Well, if somebody gets really enterprising and tries to do it through Touch-Buddy, I guess - previous Lock On profiles had the TEWS working.

Well, if somebody gets really enterprising and tries to do it through Touch-Buddy, I guess - previous Lock On profiles had the TEWS working.

Doubtful... only briefly looked at the LUA export so far, but doubtful that TB could support the abris in any meaningful way.

Would you be so kind as to paste your options.lua file?!?! I have the same setup as yours and would love to have this feature!!

Thanks in advance!

Sure, part of it:

["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "camera+shkval+abris",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 1,
       ["scenes"] = "High",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "Medium",
       ["aspect"] = 2.8,
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["shadows"] = 1,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["terrPrld"] = "20",
       ["height"] = 1050,
       ["resolution"] = "3360x1050",
       ["civTraffic"] = 0,
       ["width"] = 3360,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
} -- end of options

I get 2 or 3 fps drop only with single 8800 GT 512mb.

Edited by Maddog011
8800 GT

I've got 2MonitorTest.lua set as follows:

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/9;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 3600;

y = 220;

width = 840;

height = 620;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 4440;

y = 0;

width = 840;

height = 1050;

}

Your settings are ridiculous.

If you have graphic card capable displaying resolution 5280x1080 without fps loss please advice so I can buy same and be happy forever.

Please read those posts carefully.:smilewink:

Damn, can't find a way to fis that multiplayer screen strech.. No clean acces to server list for my custom resolution and it sucks.. an idea?

Yea it sucks in multi because DCS made locked 1024x768 main multiplayer screen stretching all at your custom resolution. No way to fix that until they patch it. I solved it but had to resize those screens and some nasty lua settings and it was pain in the a... When you get in game it works fine.

Your settings are ridiculous.

If you have graphic card capable displaying resolution 5280x1080 without fps loss please advice so I can buy same and be happy forever.

Please read those posts carefully.:smilewink:

Still not seeing what I'm doing wrong here ... Koriel used 3728x1050 resolution, you're using 4480x1752, so following that logic (total width = width of main monitor + 2*width of second monitor) with my 37" (1920 width) and 22" (1680 width) = 5280. Right?

Still not seeing what I'm doing wrong here ... Koriel used 3728x1050 resolution, you're using 4480x1752, so following that logic (total width = width of main monitor + 2*width of second monitor) with my 37" (1920 width) and 22" (1680 width) = 5280. Right?

I don't see where I posted my resolution is 4480x1752.

My resolution is 3360x1050. It's doubled 1680 by width and nothing more on the height.

Your resolution should be 3840x1080 and not a single pixel more

in options.lua.

Your 2MonitorTest.lua should be like this:

Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;THIS IS HORIZONTAL POSITION OF THE RENDERED OUTPUT FROM FAR MOST LEFT.
y = 0; - THIS IS VERTICAL POSITION OF THE RENDERED OUTPUT FROM FAR MOST TOP.
width = 1920; - THIS HORIZONTAL SIZE OF THE RENDERED OUTPUT FROM THE X POINT FROM THE LINE ABOVE
height = 1080; - THIS VERTICAL SIZE OF THE RENDERED OUTPUT FROM THE Y POINT FROM THE LINE ABOVE Y=0 
viewDx = 0; - THIS HORIZONTAL VIEW ANGLE 
viewDy = 0; - THIS IS VERTICAL VIEW ANGLE
aspect = 16/10; - THIS IS VIEW ASPECT[font=Verdana]

[/font]Shkval =
{
x = 1920;
y = 220;
width = 840;
height = 620;
}

ABRIS =
{