Ground crew comms - can't hear them

jonsky7

10 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Hi,

When asking for refuelling, re-arming, or repair, I can't hear the ground crew, even with the doors open, am I missing something or is it missing?

Thanks

Yes, looks like a bug, I noticed the same even if I use R-863 with good freq. Only text confirs that it was finished.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

46 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

I posted in the bugs section, thanks guys

However now it worked for me (full cold and dark start from ramp). So sometime it works, sometime not, looks like.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, Cutlass72 said:

Switch the radio switch from RADIO to ICS to hear the groundcrew, switch back to RADIO after rearming

No, it deosnt work as you wrote. I heard it on global Radio channel. ICS is also intercom for crew only.

Contact with ground crew you can always drive regardless of the radio settings.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Switch Radio/ICS switch UP to ICS, Turn the ICS volume all the way up using the knob.

Turn on the ICS power switch on the left radio wall. Obviously your battery needs to be on.

Then you can hear ground crew. Make sure to switch Radio/ICS switch DOWN to Radio after rearming.

TjNXzAl.png       ruN13Yj.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SchwappingMags said:

Switch Radio/ICS switch UP to ICS, Turn the ICS volume all the way up using the knob.

Turn on the ICS power switch on the left radio wall. Obviously your battery needs to be on.

Then you can hear ground crew. Make sure to switch Radio/ICS switch DOWN to Radio after rearming.

As we wrote before, it doesnt work. Do you know what is ICS for communications? Btw. For ground crew you dont need battery also.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

54 minutes ago, YoYo said:

As we wrote before, it doesnt work. Do you know what is ICS for communications? Btw. For ground crew you dont need battery also.

It DOES work, try it yourself before commenting. If it doesnt work you are doing something wrong

Also im not sure you know what ICS is.

In the hind you can hear the ground crew if you have your canopy open. But if you close it, you cant anymore, which makes sense.

How are they supposed to talk to you thru the thick glass while all of your radios are off?

Enable the radios and flip to ICS and volume up it will work.

Again try everything I said before saying it doesnt work.

The radio/ICS works the same way in the mi-8, but i think they might have changed it, this im not sure.

Edited by SchwappingMags
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SchwappingMags said:

It DOES work....

Sorry but pls dont put false info. Looks like you dont know what is intercom in Mi-24 or Mi-8 and what is it. Simply.

Ground crew comms works in Mi-24P without ANY kind of batteries, radios ect in other modlules of DCS also. Intercom in Mi-24/8 is only for CREW of airplane, only, so for comunications between first and second pilot and technical. here is a bug that sometimes it works sometimes not. ICS and your "manual" hasnt nothing with this. I can contact with ground crew mi Mi-24P without any kind of batteries ect. because it's a ground crew and you don't need to be in contact with them via radio, which is logical. Things like that too are done before airplane crew are in the plane so again it's logical that it does not require the aircraft to be powered for external servicing.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

5 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Pls dont put false info. Looks like you dont know what is intercom in Mi-24 or Mi-8 and what is it. Simply.

Ground crew comms works in Mi-24P without ANY kind of batteries, radios ect in other modlules of DCS also. Intercom in Mi-24/8 is only for CREW of airplane, only, so for comunications between first and second pilot and technical. here is a bug that sometimes it works sometimes not. ICS and your "manula" hasnt nothing with this. I can contact with ground crew mi Mi-24P without any kind of batteries ect. because it's a ground crew and you don't need to be in contact with them via radio, which is logical. Things like that too are done before airplane crew are in the plane so again it's logical that it does not require the aircraft to be powered for external servicing.

Again try what i said in game, you will find it works exactly like I said. 

I dont know exactly how the real mi-24 ICS and interphone works.

What I said works 100% in DCS.

Its how its modelled currently in the hind, or maybe previously or still is in the mi8.

Edited by SchwappingMags
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SchwappingMags said:

Again try what i said in game, you will find it works exactly like I said. 

I dont know exactly how the real mi-24 ICS and interphone works.

What I said works 100% in DCS.

Unfortunately, you are wrong and you insist on it unnecessarily:

Here its a bug. You can hear it ONLY from Cold and dark but without touched (of course) batteries, ICS and others ideas (what is good).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

14 minutes ago, SchwappingMags said:

....it does not work, that is a bug.

LOL, so its a bug or not, because you wrote that everything works fine even though people say it doesn't work :thumbsup:.

AND YES it works if you dont touch ICS, batteries ect. Just rump start, everything off . This is called the placebo effect for you (because you think you turned something on and it doesn't really relate to it). ;> The bug is related to the type of start in the simulator, not including something or not as suggested here.

Here is situation when voices work:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

18 minutes ago, YoYo said:

LOL, so its a bug or not, because you wrote that everything works fine even though people say it doesn't work :thumbsup:.

AND YES it works if you dont touch ICS, batteries ect. Just rump start, everything off . This is called the placebo effect for you (because you think you turned something on and it doesn't really relate to it). ;> The bug is related to the type of start in the simulator, not including something or not as suggested here.

Here is situation when voices work:

That is because your canopy is open

Here is my test:

Canopy open you hear the ground crew fine

Canopy closed batt OFF switch to ICS, you cant hear

Canopy closed batt ON switch to radio, you cant hear

Canopy closed batt ON switch to ICS, you can hear.

But i think we all agree on when the engine is on you cant hear, and that is a bug.

Edited by SchwappingMags
  • Like 1

I checked, it looks like it is connected to the door depending on whether it is open or not. If we close the door, you cannot hear the ground crew and then you have to go to the radio. You will hear them in this situation again, but I don't know if it's a bug or a special new feature. ie if you have an open door you give messages by "shouting" to the ground crew :lol:. So ok, we're both right. They did it differently than in the other modules, interesting ....

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif