Aircraft and Cockpits

RealRed

I have some questions but two things id wish to see in the future of DCS.

My first question is will all FC3 aircraft have fully clickable cockpits at some point? It would be pretty cool even tho it would be a process to get started up but I've always wondered that. It's something that would bring a lot of realism to those FC3 Aircraft. Maybe an option choosing whether you want a simple way to run the plane or if you wanna start hitting flips and switches then you can do that.

Also the cockpits and the view we all have, I notice when in the cockpit its not a realistic view cause the camera view inside is not all the way back in the seat and personally when I fly any aircraft I make sure my camera view is either all the way back or slightly forward but then problem is Hud is too big now and I don't think there's a way to make the Hud smaller and I fly the F-15C. I get some people like to be zoomed out sometimes but when I have my camera positioned all the way back and I zoom in to a realistic POV it looks really good, gives people not in VR a sense of how close something is. For example the ground or clouds or an enemy( Also you might just be able to see an enemy far away in the distance😉)

Changing IPD will change the appearance of cockpits. It is like a scaling sort of thing. It is a global setting, but not every plane adapts to it the same so a little checking it out and finding what works might be in  order. Hope this provides some food for thought on cockpit size scale.

If FC3 aircraft had clickable cockpits , they would not be FC3 aircraft . They would be modules , and cost much more .

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

2 hours ago, Oozler said:

Changing IPD will change the appearance of cockpits. It is like a scaling sort of thing. It is a global setting, but not every plane adapts to it the same so a little checking it out and finding what works might be in  order. Hope this provides some food for thought on cockpit size scale.

Did not think of that at all for some odd reason but yes I do agree with you with the scaling and all. If there was a way to modify the Hud size then I would definitely do it so it fits my preferences in the cockpit. I preferably fly the F15C even tho I have the modules like F18C but I enjoy the F15 alot even tho its a SFM.

2 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

If FC3 aircraft had clickable cockpits , they would not be FC3 aircraft . They would be modules , and cost much more .

Yes and thats the point but basically what I mean is keep all FC3 Aircraft as a whole and keep them all as a SFM ofc. Then take the F15C for example, It has its own module so if someone wanted to buy the F15 with a fully clickable cockpit or a su25 with a fully clickable cockpit then they could buy those modules separate from FC3. Basically comes to what you wanna buy and whether you want it realistic or not. Doesn't make too much sense but say if I were a new player Im looking at the modules and I like to keep it realistic I would ofc want a clickable cockpit over a simple start and go within 5mins or so. Now some people wanna keep it simple but some don't it just all depends on preferences that a person wants when they play the game and heck if they want both then they got both.. simple and realistic. Dont get me wrong FC3 aircraft are fun but it becomes more fun when you can flick switches and all.

Not trying to seem dumb or anything its just it would be cool to see some of the FC3 Aircraft have their own clickable cockpit within its own module for that singular aircraft

Edited by RealRed
Going for a trip

4 hours ago, Oozler said:

I believe there is a full fidelity F-15E in the works now so your wish for a fully clickable (and multicrew) F-15 may just become a reality.

True that. Takes patience to wait for the darn module to come to DCS but im excited for it either way.

On 6/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, RealRed said:

I notice when in the cockpit its not a realistic view cause the camera view inside is not all the way back in the seat

It is exactly where it's suppose to be. Only small variantions may come from taller or shorter pilot but that is not modeled at least for the F-15. You might have been deceived by the head-rest name - if you actually rest your head there, you're doing it wrong.

btw: I used to fly on a monitor with fixed real FOV set (it was aroung 63 deg. for my setup) but still, believe me, it's not even close to VR impression.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria