Improved rocket frag/AI suppression logic

Nealius

So far the only flaw I can find in the Hind isn't part of the Hind itself, but in how the AI reacts (or doesn't react) to getting hammered by rockets. Take this M113 at the front of the column, for example. The gunner's entire torso is exposed. The APC is engulfed in an explosion from an S-8KOM. And yet the exposed gunner survives and the APC drives off, giving accurate return fire hitting my belly as I hook away at 500m. Obviously the APC shouldn't be completely destroyed, but the gunner should have been incapacited or killed, resulting in inability to fire back. At the least. At most, gunner incapacitation plus a destroyed track link or something impeding movement. Even if the gunner miraculously survives, getting pummeled by rockets should throw off his aim as to not be able to hit a moving target at 500m. This really takes a lot of the bite out of the Krokodil. 

0vR3saO.png

sYKrBLQ.png

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 5

Splash damage has been "the joke" for many years.

• Like 7

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

It would be nice if they implemented a small probability of a larger fragment doing more damage further away (even if not fully modelled, but just using an RNG check). If one looks at actual manuals for explosives one sees that they can generally still be lethal at larger ranges... but there are just fewer high-energy fragments (so the probability of being hit is lower).

• Like 1