Which countries operate(d) the "P" variant?

sirrah

Can anyone share a list of countries that fly (or flew) the Mi-24P?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Can anyone share a list of countries that fly (or flew) the Mi-24P?

Not many (personally I prefered W version).

Russia and the former Soviet Union republics (like Ukraine, Uzbekistan ect), East Germany, Hungary, Afghanistan.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 minutes ago, rforce said:

West-Germany ????
East-Germany !!!  :smartass:

For sure! LOL

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, rforce said:

West-Germany ????
East-Germany !!!  :smartass:

according to German wiki "West-Germany" is not completely incorrect. The last German Mi-24P of the western "Heeresfliegerstaffel 80 (former eastern KHG-5) flew on the 3rd of July 1992. Almost 2 years after the German reunion. And the very last flight of a western-German Hind was in September 1994

(edit) funny fact: in this video a Mi-24P takes off and a Mi-24D lands in the end.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 2

Cyprus and Indonesia. I think Indonesia's is technically the Mi-35P, but I don't know what difference there is between the -24 and -35. 

Turkmenistan. Belarus. Djibouti.

On Google I found an Mi-24P with the old Czechoslovakian camo with Czech roundels, but I can't find that pic now.

Edited by Nealius

Pretty much most everyone that purchased the D and V model also have a handful of tbe P varient. Aside from the 30mm and redone operator cockpit they are pretty much the same. Iraq, Syria, india, most eastern block counties. Indonisia, Cyprus, Lybia

Current and former operators of specificaly Mi-24P versions are (from my head) aside from the one which were already mentioned: Russia, Germany, Turkmenistan, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Uganda, Senegal, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, Armenia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Azerbaijan.

Edited by SmukY

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I prefer the P-variant in DCS due to the more powerfull 30mm twin barrel guns.

12.7 mm guns act like pea-shooters in DCS.

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Ok cool, thanks for the replies all 👍

Looks like eventually ED will have to give us a lot more liveries then 😉 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

I prefer the P-variant in DCS due to the more powerfull 30mm twin barrel guns.

12.7 mm guns act like pea-shooters in DCS.

I'm actually finding the GUV pods to be quite effective (including against light armour)... so it is making me suddenly want an Mi-24V to be modelled someday... even with the issues related to the gun jamming... it'd be great for taking out more vehicles in a single pass or suppressing infantry without having to turn the helicopter.

28 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

I'm actually finding the GUV pods to be quite effective (including against light armour)... so it is making me suddenly want an Mi-24V to be modelled someday... even with the issues related to the gun jamming... it'd be great for taking out more vehicles in a single pass or suppressing infantry without having to turn the helicopter.

I’d love if they came out with a V addon later down the line.

8 hours ago, Avimimus said:

DCS infantry cannot be suppressed.

Only killed.

They are recruited from solid lunatic stock and are pumped full of angel dust and 1000000% grain alcohol before being sent to the front. They will stand their ground calmly firing at you with laser accuracy even as the entire planet disintegrates around them in a haze of smoke and fire and shrapnel.

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

DCS infantry cannot be suppressed.

Only killed.

They are recruited from solid lunatic stock and are pumped full of angel dust and 1000000% grain alcohol before being sent to the front. They will stand their ground calmly firing at you with laser accuracy even as the entire planet disintegrates around them in a haze of smoke and fire and shrapnel.

That isn't fully correct actually. There sort of is suppression in DCS. Sort of. If you get a unit's health bar below half, they won't shoot anymore for example. First the movement speed is reduced, then they can't shoot, and then they can't move at all, progressively depending on damage level.

It's not ideal yeah, but an attack run that doesn't achieve kills or only get a few, is still achieving things usually, just not immediately visible.

Edited by WinterH
Because auto"correct"
  • Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That's not suppression. That's an attempt to replicate a mobility kill. Suppression is keeping the enemies' heads down so they can't fire back accurately, or at all, despite having "perfect health."

Edited by Nealius

12 minutes ago, Nealius said:

That's not suppression. That's an attempt to replicate a mobility kill. Suppression is keeping the enemies' heads down so they can't fire back accurately, or at all, despite having "perfect health."

Hence my calling it "sort of suppression". But more than mobility, I consider it making the units unable to return fire to be worth calling suppression, and not only against infantry. Your rocket salvo from 3.5 kms didn't kill but somewhat dinged that Shilka? Great, now you can attack the trucks and infantry from closer and better accuracy for example.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Figure all former Warsaw pact, and post Soviet Republics. Every African , including S.Africa.  Nicaragua, Venezuela. Also US operates bunch of Hinds for training. Those are operated by contractors. Figure that Israel probably got a few, one way or another. Syria, Iran, Iraq. North Korea? Not sure about China. Bangladesh. MI-24P is Hind-F in NATO speak, and thats fairly widespread variant.

• Like 1