Need A10A original campaign!

By a stupid mistake I managed to delete the original a 10a campaign in LOMAC before finishing it :smartass:. I would really apreciate it if someone could tell me how to restore it without reinstalling the whole game - this would be too much of a hassle as I have tousnads of mods added.

Damn! I made the same mistake. I had just played the A-10 CAS offensive mission in FC and then I went into the fast battle planner and setup a quick dogfight scenario for the F-15.

I enjoyed the dogfight setup so I decided to save it, so I clicked save, but no save or naming options came up. Then I realised I had just saved the F-15 dogfight over the A-10 CAS mission.

Its quite irritating how easily this can happen. Now Im reluctant to save anything, because Im never sure when Im going to accidentaly save over the previous mission I had open.

Does anyone know where I can get the origianl A-10 CAS offensive mission from?

"I feel the need..."

Um... Are the campaigns really altered between the versions? If not, I'm pretty sure I can help... in mid-December. (Sorry, but I'm presently 1000+ miles away from my Lock-On machine.) If you still haven't been helped by then, send me a PM or e-mail and I'll gie it a shot. But not until mid-December.

It's LOMAC v 1.02 (no Flaming Cliffs) :helpsmilie:

Here you are: A-10A_Campaign.cmp. (Right click and select save, if necessary.)

EDIT START:

...so I clicked save, but no save or naming options came up. Then I realised I had just saved the F-15 dogfight over the A-10 CAS mission...Now Im reluctant to save anything, because Im never sure when Im going to accidentaly save over the previous mission I had open.

This is how the "Save" (CTRL-S) command works in any Windows program. It's what the SAVE command does. It automatically saves the current file with the current name. (Unfortunately, it's not clear in the sim that the "current" file is the mission you just ran.) "Save as" is the command that calls up the file save name/location window in the Windows environment.

...Are the campaigns really altered between the versions?...

Some are. Some aren't. FC changed a number of things in the sim. Some of the original V1.0 campaigns were either not winnable or much too difficult under FC. So they were revised.

::EDIT ENDS

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand, thank you very much! also Hitch! I will try to put it where it belongs late today, meanwhile I was thinking of upgrading to FC. Should I get only FC addon and install it over my modded LOMAC or it would be better to get a fresh copy of LOMAC Glod?

...meanwhile I was thinking of upgrading to FC. Should I get only FC addon and install it over my modded LOMAC or it would be better to get a fresh copy of LOMAC Glod?

A fresh install is best, regardless of the upgrade route you choose. You are simply asking for trouble, if you leave all your mods installed and upgrade over the top of them.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ok, I have already switched to FC. I saved some 3rd party campaigns but I dumped the pilot log - I hate that you can't use your own pilot in a campaign and you have to play with a generic one while no stats are logged (or am I mistaken?:joystick:).