M2000 ILS not working :(

CommandT

Hey guys, trying to shoot an ILS approach into Akrotiri in Cyprus. Got it to work once but can't get it to work at all now. 109.7 ILS frq set, (ON - "M") - Attitude Indicator - no flight directors. Irrespective of whether I have the landing waypoint active (and set to landing) in the mission editor. And no matter how many times I try now I cannot get the HUD symbology to appear. Like I say, with the active landing waypoint over the field and set to landing in ME. APP mode is ON on the PCA panel. Got it working once... but not since. Frustrated as hell :( Tried changing wind, contacting tower, basically everything I could think of that might trigger the logic. No joy. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers! 

So far I had only one Caucasus MP server where the landing waypoint in one mission seems to be messed up now.

Will try that later in single player since currently I have the Syria map activated.

2 hours ago, CommandT said:

Hey guys, trying to shoot an ILS approach into Akrotiri in Cyprus. Got it to work once but can't get it to work at all now. 109.7 ILS frq set, (ON - "M") - Attitude Indicator - no flight directors. Irrespective of whether I have the landing waypoint active (and set to landing) in the mission editor. And no matter how many times I try now I cannot get the HUD symbology to appear. Like I say, with the active landing waypoint over the field and set to landing in ME. APP mode is ON on the PCA panel. Got it working once... but not since. Frustrated as hell :( Tried changing wind, contacting tower, basically everything I could think of that might trigger the logic. No joy. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers! 

What did you set for CP and PD?

3 hours ago, CommandT said:

Attitude Indicator - no flight directors.

Has the Localiser "flag" cleared on the HSI ?

It sounds like the ILS signal isn't transmitting/being received.

Didn't have a problem using 0 wind, would need to see the mission/track to help further.

Xgcgijv.jpg

Notes:

DCS still has issues turning on ILS for 1-6 knot headwinds, use zero or +6 knot headwinds when testing i.e. there is NO ILS with a 2 m/s (4 knots) wind towards 120°T

There's also a known bug with the HSI GS flag in the current build but ILS still works.

1 hour ago, Kercheiz said:

What did you set for CP and PD?

Shouldn't be required if the landing waypoint was created in the ME and been selected prior to the approach i.e. CP/PD (RH/DS) are auto filled for the ME "landing waypoint".

If that was the issue, the synthetic runway would be missing but the ADI's ILS guidance would still work.

Tested Open Beta 2.7.2.7910

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Created a mission and ILS is working. Landing waypoint is #4. The synthetic runway was displayed late but that's all. Beware that ILS is available on approach from east.

What's not working for me in this mission is the ATC radio, frequencies 128.000 MHz or 251.700 MHz.

Akrotiri.miz

Edited by Lynnux

10 hours ago, Lynnux said:

What's not working for me in this mission is the ATC radio, frequencies 128.000 MHz or 251.700 MHz.

No problem here after editing your flight's start time i.e. Mission Started at 10:00 but flight wasn't available to fly/test until 12:00 ?

The Aux. UHF radio (LShift+NUM-) isn't applicable as in your mission no channel has 251.7 MHz stored.

VHF/UHF Radio worked

• Channel 8

8 > VLD (Radio displays "FF P 008", top display above ADI reads "128.00")

or

• VHF frequency

12800 > VLD (Radio displays "FF 12800", top display above ADI reads "128.00")

or

• UHF frequency

25170 > VLD (Radio displays "FF 25170", top display above ADI reads "251.70")

then

• VHF/UHF Radio Transmit

Main UHF/VHF Radio Select (LShift+Num+)

... to contact Akrotiri ATC

Note: The above was tested without Easy Coms enabled but Easy Coms was also test - it worked using "/" (# on UK keyboard) to contact ATC

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080