CPL won't appear after pressing AP button on UFC with a TGT selected

DarkCx3

CPL will guide towards waypoints but not towards Targets, designated by any means: HUD, TGP, AG Radar GMT neither MAP mode, even WPDSG. If you are guiding to a waypoint and you WPDSG it, CPL will deactivate and you won't be able to activate it again unless using AUTO mode with LGBs or dumb bombs, thus making CPL unusable with JDAMs, HARMs in PB Mode or any other weapon without AUTO.

In the screenshot i'm attaching I quickly designated a target through the HUD in PG's free flight mission, but as you can see the CPL option doesn't appear on the HUD.

As a note it won't work without selecting A/G either.

EDIT: Alright I'm leaving the screenshot but I've made a track which represents the issue more clearly.

In the track I use CPL at the start with a waypoint, but once I set that waypoint as a target CPL disengages, I try selecting different weapons that seem logical to use along with CPL (GBU-24, GBU-10, GBU-31 and AGM-88) but as previously mentioned only the weapon that can use AUTO delivery mode (GBU-10) will enable me to use CPL, I switch between modes of the weapons, set the aircraft in A2G mode and still, it only works with the Paveway II, then I undesignate and the aircraft automatically selects HSEL for some reason and steers me to the right, forcing me to disengage autopilot, I designate a target with the MAP mode of the radar but it still doesn't work, i hope this helps.

Screen_210619_120147.png

F-18 CPL trackfile.trk

Edited by DarkCx3
Added Track Replay
  • Like 2