Can I share the "DCS" and "DCS openbeta" saved game folders in one same folder?

I installed both standalone stable version and open beta version in my computer. 

In the saved game folder in driver C:\users\... they have different two folders, "DCS" and "DCS.openbeta". 

Can I make them sharing only one folder? So that all those configurations and inputs bindings are exactly the same and I don't need to duplicate. 

I installed both standalone stable version and open beta version in my computer. 
In the saved game folder in driver C:\users\... they have different two folders, "DCS" and "DCS.openbeta". 
Can I make them sharing only one folder? So that all those configurations and inputs bindings are exactly the same and I don't need to duplicate. 
Yes, you can share a lot.
There are different ways. Either to put an empty (I think) "dcs_variant.txt" file in your OB folder, or to get more control.
Do it like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/amp/

To make it even easier, follow the link to "Link Shell Extension".
Beware that you might run into trouble from time to time, as parts OB is ahead of stable. So missions made in OB can't be used in stable. Some controls can be screwed up. And settings like graphic settings can be different. Probably the logbook can be corrupted too, though it hasn't for me ever, make sure to keep a backup. The liveries and mods folders are very handy to share, as you just have one place to maintain. Other folders I share are movies and screenshots, config\input, mission editor for the logbook. (Yeah, strange place to have it). And some others I can't remember from the top of my head, but you'll figure out which. I have put links to both Stable and OB, so all the folders reside on another drive.
Again, it might lead to problems, though it hasn't for me except the non-compatible missions.
Now you're warned, cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, you can share a lot.
There are different ways. Either to put an empty (I think) "dcs_variant.txt" file in your OB folder, or to get more control.
Do it like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/amp/

To make it even easier, follow the link to "Link Shell Extension".
Beware that you might run into trouble from time to time, as parts OB is ahead of stable. So missions made in OB can't be used in stable. Some controls can be screwed up. And settings like graphic settings can be different. Probably the logbook can be corrupted too, though it hasn't for me ever, make sure to keep a backup. The liveries and mods folders are very handy to share, as you just have one place to maintain. Other folders I share are movies and screenshots, config\input, mission editor for the logbook. (Yeah, strange place to have it). And some others I can't remember from the top of my head, but you'll figure out which. I have put links to both Stable and OB, so all the folders reside on another drive.
Again, it might lead to problems, though it hasn't for me except the non-compatible missions. emoji4.png
Now you're warned, cheers! emoji1.png

Well, what can I say besides Many Thanks!

MANY THANKS!

OKOK, with so many potential issues. I would take the advice that just copying some files necessary between the two folders. 

• Like 1

Well, what can I say besides Many Thanks!
MANY THANKS!

OKOK, with so many potential issues. I would take the advice that just copying some files necessary between the two folders. 
Hehe, well it's up to you, but the possibility of issues are there as well with the file copies.