Use waypoints?

If you have waypoints made in the mission editor, they will show up on the map, with a line connecting them.

It also includes the heading, distance and route time (based on a 250km/h ground-speed).

Though personally, I still think the best option would be to facilitate adding custom images to the map, maybe having a library we can choose from and select in flight - all we have to do is calibrate our own position using the existing controls.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

If you make the waypoints in mission editor it shows up on the moving map. Just hope the implement some way for us who only play multiplayer to somehow make waypoints to show up on the moving map.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

If you make the waypoints in mission editor it shows up on the moving map. Just hope the implement some way for us who only play multiplayer to somehow make waypoints to show up on the moving map.

Again, personally, it would be much better if we could put custom images in, so long as they're the correct size and scale there won't be an issues.

You could also mark landmarks and expected targets, as well as friendly forces.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

Again, personally, it would be much better if we could put custom images in, so long as they're the correct size and scale there won't be an issues.

You could also mark landmarks and expected targets, as well as friendly forces.

I don’t know what server you play on, I only play on hardcore realistic servers with no F10 maps or anything to help you. So we have to have a way to make a mark point somehow near the targets. We can’t see anything on the F10 map. So your suggestion wouldn’t work for me.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

I don’t know what server you play on, I only play on hardcore realistic servers with no F10 maps or anything to help you. So we have to have a way to make a mark point somehow near the targets. We can’t see anything on the F10 map. So your suggestion wouldn’t work for me.

I don't play on MP at all 🙂

Though I doubt pilots are going to be marking targets on the map in mid flight. But a possible solution would be an ability to draw on the map, based on what you see, no F10 map required.

So you could draw on mark points and maybe save the map as an annotated image.

Or maybe it could be done during the briefing.

• Like 1