Entering multiplayer server gets stuck at "Net Sim Post Start"

-0303-

For 40 minutes (yes, I timed it). Intermittent.

Patch "2.7.2.7910.1". Clean install.

Starting the game and offline, no problem.

Have to kill it with Task Master.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

hi there i have the same issue stuck at " net sim post start " with the update of patch with the Hind  wich I pre ordered & was willing to try, on other han i have noticed that my "caps"  does not work  too

Meaning I cant type with capital letters

Did you fix it with the router reeboot?

So suddenly  caps worked again, maybe it is because  I was in middle of the loading  to MP server ( weird, inst it ?

)

Edited by JASP-ERIK73
added info

I got in twice today. Earlier and just now. Did not recycle router.

Maybe it was something temporary, maybe connected to the patch, I'll find out.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Update to issue, now it seems I can join MP servers but after a while I get kicked = out of the game completly , game shut down  by istsef

I did nothing else than repair ( both short & complete) .

I saw also that my configuration  for Nvdia where reset "erased" so I did a specific config to DCS in Nvidia  sofware other than that I did nothing

Edited by JASP-ERIK73

If the game shut down on its own, you should have interesting logs. Please attach the most recent ZIP file you can find in this folder: C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

An X52 blocking the game. That rings a bell.

Please try this solution:

By the way, do you have the iCUE app installed? If so, and if the X52 solution above doesn't work, try uninstalling iCUE.

I am not very smart for hardware stuff, I beg you pardon in advance. My X52 is not the "pro"  so I was wondering in my case what to do , I checked my  calibration  & it was by default.

On other hand I dont know what does  iCUE is for or where to fid it

If you don't own a Corsair USB device, chances are you don't have iCUE installed.

It seems the dcs.log file you posted earlier doesn't show your issue. Can you please reproduce your issue and then attach again your dcs.log file?

It's a thing.

"Net Sim Post Start", stuck three times in a row just now. (Aerobatics Online)

Recycled router once.

Then got in twice. (Hoggit Training Server and then Aerobatics Online)

Edited by -0303-

I sometimes get these NET SIM POST START crashes or freezes for minutes too and know of some other guys in the ED Discord who got the errors in the last months as well.

(Search for "net sim post start" in the Discord.) Here is another post.

When it happens the bar freezes for about 1 min at "Net Sim Post Start" before crashing. My whole 32 GB RAM is full when i check memory allocation, then.

What i observed:

It's sporadic and when it's the case that it crashes it's reproducibly only on a certain server that is not empty. Never happened on an empty server, yet.

Trying other servers -> work.

Single player -> works.

Back to the server that causes crashing -> crash.

Same server, but restarted mission -> works.

or same server, SAME mission no players on the server anymore -> works.

The error is hard to reproduce, so it takes time to test possible cures, but:

- clearing Shaders doesn't help.

- experienced the above described freezes and crashes with various nvidia driver version.

Still testing:
- uninstalled Corsair iCUE since i read some people had problems with DCS and iCUE

- increase the pagefile size to a fixed 32 GB.

Edited by Sile

Hi Sile , 

I have noticed what you mention in your report, I can play  single, or in any other server I have tried, the main problem is when joining  Aerobatics Online Caucasus.

It's a server very busy  40+ pilots flying there so the isue must be that...

I joined it yesterdat only after starting first in single player with the "Hind" I  have the feeling that Hind has something to do eith the issue...

How do I get a brand new "log " to post it when fatal freeze happens?

I would like to thankyou guys for the info you share , it very usefull and feels I am not alone against odds.

22 minutes ago, JASP-ERIK73 said:

How do I get a brand new "log " to post it when fatal freeze happens?

Hi. Whenever you start DCS, a new log gets created. It's called "dcs.log" and it's located here: C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log (it may show up as "dcs").

19 hours ago, JASP-ERIK73 said:

the main problem is when joining  Aerobatics Online Caucasus.

I'm 95 % of the time in Aerobatics Online Caucasus. Not sure it happened any other server.

I've never been there. I'll try this right away.

EDIT: no issue for me on Aerboatics Online Caucasus. Please attach your dcs.log file as soon as you can reproduce the issue.

Edited by Flappie

En 26/6/2021 a las 22:06, Flappie dijo:

Your log doesn't show you connecting on MP servers.

Hi Flappie !

I had a problem with DNS i could visit any web site except DCS so I had to call my internet provider for them to config the rputer with the DNS : 8.8.8.8 & DNS 8.8.4.4.

That resolved it  ( its the second time they have to do this)

When it happens i cant even  conect to the forum .

Right now I have no issues to join  MP  but it still takes ages to connect.

I would give this as resolved. 

HI Flappie, yes that DNS problem did not let me join DCS adress not even the forum .

I think that last update has improved  joinning MP, but still I dont have a clue of why I had the inicial problem  of getting stuck at loading .

I have to thankyou again for your time & help, much ablisse

• 1 month later...

currently same issue :

Today while connect to my favorite mp-server and If "Net Sim Post Start" is reached, the RAM (64) running full ( incl. pagefile ) and then crash of whole windows.

A connect to a different server works. 

Tried DNS change, but has no effect.

• 2 months later...