Binding the AI Petrovich menu to Warthog Throttle does nothing

Go to solution Solved by Scofflaw,

So like the title says, no matter which button I bind it to on my Throttle quadrant, I can't get the Petrovich menu to show up. When I use the keyboard preset (I think its CTRL +  V) it shows up normally.

Anyone else having this strange bug?

• Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

same with a Standard X-52, any button does not bring up the menu, not "just show" or "just hide" (as weirdly it is not a toggle, not even as a keybind, although the keyboard keybind works as one).

The coolie-hat input somewhat work (although there is ofc zero feedback what you are actually commanding, idek what is planned, since for some reason a one-button radial with headtracking or coolie-hat input was not desirable for Eagle itself) - but the target menu for selection fe never shows up.

unrelated: gear lever, specify if you have bound/used/preset the gear lock too, the lever will move (and does so on my rockers, but if its locked-up it stays locked.. up, same for locked-down. So you have to select the target position before using the rocker or whatever is bound for the lever itself. So clarify if the problem arose despite this being applied.

48 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

Did you map it in both Mi-24P AI MENU and Mi-24P Sim?

What? Seriously, you need to bind it twice? Okay, will try this, and report back

EDIT: Yes, this was it. One thing is cropping up now, it says weapons are disabled. It didn't use to say that.

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Yeah, so I think the missions might be bugged.

I had no success in any of the instant action missions to pull up petrovich.

I made a standard training mission in the ME, and 0 problems pulling up the menu. If anyone is having issues you should try making your own mission.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think there is a setting in the Mission Editor called "Simplified AI" for the player Mi-24, I'm not sure what it does, but it could enable/disable Petrovich ? It seems that it's not on for some (all ?) of the instant missions, but it defaults to "on" for custom created missions... You may want to change them (already mentioned somewhere in the Mission/Campaign subforum here).

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

... One thing is cropping up now, it says weapons are disabled. It didn't use to say that.

What says it?  Petro's dialog top right?

Open Petro menu and long press UP. He will turn on the weapon systems.

Up Long

If weapons are not enabled, commands Petrovich to set all cockpit switches for weapons employment. Note that ATGM systems take 34 minutes to warm up.

Once weapons are enabled, Up Long sets Petrovich’s rules of engagement (ROE).  Up Long  targets between Weapons Hold(initial state) and Weapons Free.

The ATGM's take 3-4 minutes, the guns/rockets are ready to fire in about 20 seconds - as soon as they light up beneath the ASP-17V.

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

On 6/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, BuzzLine said:

I think there is a setting in the Mission Editor called "Simplified AI" for the player Mi-24, I'm not sure what it does, but it could enable/disable Petrovich ?

Yes it does. It also prevents him from taking control when you switch seats.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Yes it does. It also prevent him from taking control when you switch seats.

Thanks for the confirmation. In this case, it could make sense to enable Petro for the ATGM variant of the "Caucasus firing range" instant mission.  It's currently off.

I'm not sure how I can aim ATGMs and fly at the same time without it? 

• Thanks 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb rogorogo:

same with a Standard X-52, any button does not bring up the menu, not "just show" or "just hide" (as weirdly it is not a toggle, not even as a keybind, although the keyboard keybind works as one).

The coolie-hat input somewhat work (although there is ofc zero feedback what you are actually commanding, idek what is planned, since for some reason a one-button radial with headtracking or coolie-hat input was not desirable for Eagle itself) - but the target menu for selection fe never shows up.

and no sooner than having typed this - after an evening of futility - another rebind (increment #926) of the very same controls now make it work flawlessly.

Murphy's law - or codeline trolling at level 666...

I am lost , guess I'll have to watch lots of videos. I started the Hind and was taxing, I noticed when I went to operators seat helicopter went crazy, went back to pilots seat everything is ok. Then I noticed the control stick. wth? the pilots stick is fine but I don't know what to do with the operator stick?

Pilots-Stick.jpg

operator-stick.jpg

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

The pilot-operator's cyclic is parked out of the way by default. When you Request Control of the aircraft (I think the default key is C) the cyclic will unpark, the anti-torque 'pedals' will pop in from the sidewalls, and you will have control of the aircraft from the front cockpit.

There are two things that affect this:

One is the Petrovich AI Auto Handover setting.

PAAH.jpg

The other is if the mission was saved with Simplified AI enabled. In this case you always control the aircraft, no matter where you sit.

For those who had the same issue I did:

1) Rebind Petrovich AI menu under Mi24p AI controls

2) Rebind Petrovich AI menu under Mi24p SIm controls 

Rebind these two to the same key, one press will bring it up, another press will disable it

3) Rebind the ALT + W to something, this will activate the ATGM weapons from the back seat. Just bringing up the menu will not task Petrovich to activate your weapons. It's feels like another (un)necessary step, I know, lets hope Eagle Dynamics streamlines this at some point and gives Petrovich a bit more authority. 

Hopefully this will save someone some frustration. 

Edited by Lurker

From the back seat, if you activate Petro's menu and press Long Up, it will ask him to activate the weapon systems (if they aren't already - the indicator boxes will be red if they are not already activated). Once they are on and warmed up, all you need to do is switch the back seat (pilot-commander) weapon selector to Off/MSL and the ATGM should be activated and ready to target.

If the weapons selector is set to anything other than OFF/MSL, the ATGM sight doors will stay closed and Petro cannot target/launch ATGMs. (in theory)

Edited by wowbagger
  • Thanks 1

wowbagger- Thanks for the info it help alot!

• Like 1

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals