TGP FLIR broken since yesterday's beta patch?

Migo

Is anyone else having issues with the TGP FLIR since yesterday's beta patch?

I tried the "East Georgia Spring" instant action mission wth the Tank Killer after patch installation and ground targets don't have a FLIR heat signature anymore, no matter if the boat switch is set to white hot or black hot.

I also tried the FLIR Mavericks in the Hornet and they seem to be working fine.

• Like 2

Have you guy tried to adjust contrast and brightness of the MFD?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It seems to be related to cloud shadows.

When a unit is in a cloud/terrain shadow it is much harder to spot it, but if it is not in a shadow it looks like it used to do before this patch.

Edited by EasyEB

7 hours ago, EasyEB said:

It seems to be related to cloud shadows.

When a unit is in a cloud/terrain shadow it is much harder to spot it, but if it is not in a shadow it looks like it used to do before this patch.

Not for me.  The FLIR does not work properly under any conditions.

image.png

Kinda weird. It almost looks like a CCD image. I did change level and gain though. I can see the image pulse with the smoke nearby. I don't expect the truck to be hot though. It's just parked and in F7 view it doesn't sound like an engine is running.

The FLIR definitely does not work for the East Georgia Spring mission (even the soldiers do not stand out of the background), but works perfectly for Nevada weapons test mission.

I've checked every nVidia drivers from 457.30 to the newest 466.77 with no luck. It seems it's a DCS openbeta issue.

Worked perfectly before.

(GTX 1070 on 466.77, VR - Reverb G2)

Edited by St4rgun
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

I have this problem only since 2.7.2.8165 version.  

The TGP is more blurry with not much to any at all  FLIR definition.  It seemed much worse on the Caucasus map than on the Persian Gulf map.  The Caucasus map was set for broken clouds.

On the Caucasus, when I first noticed an issue, a column of T-90's blended in on WHOT and BHOT.  CCD was just about useless.  I tried adjusting the BHOT gain and video parameters until I got good definition with the background to the T-90's.  I noticed at the same time that a column of T-55's just behind the T-90's were still camouflaged to a great degree.  Then with the same TGP video settings I switched to CCD and WHOT.   Both CCD and WHOT were completely useless.

The best I have gotten so far is simply turning up the gain to at least 6.  The images are still crappy.

This a bug or working as intended?

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

Sounds like the new terrain textures could be the culprit?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Hey Guys,

How is your Maverick MFCD display? 

Mine is just about beyond any sort of usefulness.

Disappointing...  It is hard to play.

Caldera

I have no issues here :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

OK...

WHOT TGP

This is a SA-6 or SA-13???    A T-55 is directly behind at fairly close range.

WHOT Default.gif

BHOT TGP

BHOT Default.gif

MAV

MAV01.gif

BHOT closer

BHOT01.gif

MAV  closer

Missile should be long gone.  And I should be pulling off target.

MAV02.gif

Pick out any of the 15 or so T90's, T55's, two tracked SAMS plus a AAA gun.

Caldera

MAV01.gif

Edited by Caldera

15 hours ago, Caldera said:

OK...

WHOT TGP

This is a SA-6 or SA-13???    A T-55 is directly behind at fairly close range.

WHOT Default.gif

BHOT TGP

BHOT Default.gif

MAV

MAV01.gif

BHOT closer

BHOT01.gif

MAV  closer

Missile should be long gone.  And I should be pulling off target.

MAV02.gif

Pick out any of the 15 or so T90's, T55's, two tracked SAMS plus a AAA gun.

Caldera

MAV01.gif

That's what I'm seeing also.  Mostly unusable and definitely not how it looks IRL.

OK this is an old bug that happened the last time they messed with terrain textures. Some seemed to resolve it somewhat back then by turning chimney smoke down to 0, which also seems to fix the TGP screen whiting out (don't know if that bug's been fixed yet).  Worth a shot if you haven't already done so.  Otherwise, guess we'll just have to wait on a fix again.

Faelwolf,

I think I had that bug forever.   Are you talking about the one that if you periodically deleted the FXO folder it got fixed for a time?   My TGP would simply grey out or black out.  If it is that problem, then if went away suddenly when I changed a ref.  That is until 2.7.2.8165 ref.

All,

As of today using ref 2.7.3.8494 nothing has changed for me.   I tried deleting FXO and setting chimney smoke to zero.  There was no change.

The TGP is just about useless at all times, especially on the new Marianas map.  I could not really distinguish any thing on one of the islands except what might have been trees. 

Tonight, In my squadron I am the only one to have this problem. 

The A-10 game is busted...  

Has ED been made aware of this issue?

Caldera

Edited by Caldera