Any Radio Tutorial

tees
Go to solution Solved by FalconPlot16,

25 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Can I manually change the presets somehow so i can use the channels i want in multiplayer?

No. The presets are set up by the mission maker.  In the rush to add Hinds to the servers, a lot of them were not set up with usuable presets.  I expect most server admins will get it sorted soon.

And speaking of presets, the mission editor  options show the R-863 as AM only and the R-828 as FM only

Edited by Andurula
  • Like 2

• ED Team
15 minutes ago, Andurula said:

And speaking of presets, the mission editor  options show the R-863 as AM only and the R-828 as FM only

I think that's a limitation of how the ME handles those types of radios.  You can switch the modulation of the Ka-50's R-800 and Mi-8/Mi-24's R-863 between AM and FM with a flick of a switch, independent of the preset frequency.  And the R-828 is strictly VHF-FM only.

This is noticeably different from other aircraft like the F-16 where if you edit the frequency of the VHF radio in the mission editor it will automatically change the preset entry to AM or FM depending on what frequency band you enter, since that radio can only operate on AM when tuned to an upper VHF band freq, and can only operate on FM when tuned to a lower VHF band freq.

But with the R-863, it can't associate a modulation with a preset since it's a manual switch position.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, KrizzKaliko said:

What is the simplest way to set a AM radio freq. for example 225.00 ?

You need to pre-program it in the Mission Editor on the R-863 radio.  No other way.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

download the chucks guide for the mi-8 if you want some radio instructions.

the R-863 can be manually tuned in the mi-8 but I honestly have not even looked at the radios in the mi-24 yet.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Im thinking the rear one is for OM/AM and the one fwd is for FM/AM. Might be backwards........

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team
3 hours ago, sublime said:

Ok so there's two channel switches for radios on the right.  The backmost one is for..? And the more forward one by the dust cover switch?

The back red, cross-shaped channel selector is for the R-828 VHF-FM radio.  The forward one by the dust protection guarded switch is the channel selector for the R-863 UHF/VHF radio.

DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Can we no more grim reapers?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

48 minutes ago, sublime said:

On top of that I'm not seeing the usual SRS mike press key to bind in the controls.  Anyone?

You mapping the Trigger ICS and Trigger Radio to your SRS keybinds?

My wallpaper and skins

SRS for the hind is only the first pass

The SRS keybinds in SRS are used for selecting the radio or intercom, and for the push to talk.

Frequencies and volumes are still set in cockpit though as usual

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Has anyone gotten the R-828 ADF working in the Ossetia Patrol instant action mission? I’m following the steps in the briefing but never hear the identifier code and the compass needle doesn’t move. Are there additional steps I’m missing?

The R-863 radio has an ADF switch, but I cannot anyway to get it to work. Is this just an example of putting a pre-existing radio in the aircraft and not using all it's functionality? There does not seem to be any way to connect the 863 with the ARK 15 or the U2

• Like 3

My wallpaper and skins

Made a kneeboard for the ADF radio set. Ill keep making more, but for now enjoy this one.

ADF radios.png

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

27 minutes ago, jayst0r said:

There is also the 852 witch 4 preset channels, which can be useful. It is located on the left behind the trottle levers.

One of its standard presets is 121.5 for example which is often used.

Yep, I noticed it also, near the floor and hard to see the number of channels :D, but no possibility to set up freq in ME too.

Btw. I dont hear R-828, it works but no sound, I think its EA/bug.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro