Any Radio Tutorial

tees
Go to solution Solved by FalconPlot16,

Hi there any one have radio usage knowledge .

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Jadro and the other radios are all turned on by the switches behind pilots left shoulder. Jadro must also be switched to AM, bottom left knob on the jadro panel. 

After that use SPU-8 to select radio.

• Like 2

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

23 hours ago, molevitch said:

Same as in Mi-8. R-828 presets FM behind pilots left shoulder. R-863 Preset only above pilots left knee. 

Does it work for you? I use RAlt+\, preset on 124.0 on R-863, SPU-7 the first position (for Krymsk for example) and I hear ... silence from the ground.

(edit: ok it works, I have airport marked as BLUE even when I added RED copter, LOL).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For those, like me, who haven't flown the Mi-8 and didn't find an answer in this thread:

I've been able to communicate with ATC via the following steps:

1. Set your Jadro radio to STB

2. Tune your frequency to the second frequency found for ATC in the F-10 map. This is in MHz and should be converted to kHz for the radio.

3. Set your SPU-8 radio selector to Jadro (third option from the left, on the dial)

4. Use the "Radio - Main" control, typically Backslash or OEM102 on UK keyboards.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ColinM9991 said:

For those, like me, who haven't flown the Mi-8 and didn't find an answer in this thread:

I've been able to communicate with ATC via the following steps:

1. Set your Jadro radio to STB

2. Tune your frequency to the second frequency found for ATC in the F-10 map. This is in MHz and should be converted to kHz for the radio.

3. Set your SPU-8 radio selector to Jadro (third option from the left, on the dial)

4. Use the "Radio - Main" control, typically Backslash or OEM102 on UK keyboards.

I am more a visual learner. Could you give screenshots? XD

6 hours ago, Ginsu80 said:

I don’t see the r-828 where is it

Next to the pilot knee (on the left part). Edit: sry, its R-863.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Honestly not really following the whole page here, most of the radios in the Hind arent present in the Mi8. Im not seeing an ARC-9 but an ARC-15M and an ARC-U2. I AM seeing an R-828, but again not really following the logic here. What can I use in lieu of? What is the Jadro-1l? I cant believe Ive had the Mi8 since day 1 but never used the radios before...same as the Ka50.

Edit: Im thinking the ARC-15 left radio and right radio is the same as the reserve and main radio on the ARC-9, and the channel selector selects between the two. Am I correct? And if so, what does TLF/TLG do?

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

10 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Honestly not really following the whole page here, most of the radios in the Hind arent present in the Mi8. Im not seeing an ARC-9 but an ARC-15M and an ARC-U2. I AM seeing an R-828, but again not really following the logic here. What can I use in lieu of? What is the Jadro-1l? I cant believe Ive had the Mi8 since day 1 but never used the radios before...same as the Ka50.

They both have the R-863, R-828, the Jadro, and the ARCs behave the same

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

Just now, Caster said:

They both have the R-863, R-828, the Jadro, and the ARCs behave the same

edited right before you replied, can you elaborate a little further with my update?

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

R-863: UHF-AM/FM & VHF(upper band)-AM/FM

R-828: VHF-FM (lower band)

Jadro: HF

ARK-15: ADF to navigational beacons like NDBs, inner/outer markers, etc

ARK-U2: ADF to other radio sources that can be tuned

The R-863 is the same UHF/VHF radio that is in the Mi-8, although it doesn't appear you can manually tune it like the R-863 in the Mi-8 or the R-800 in the Ka-50

The R-828 is pretty much identical in all three airframes.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

which radio? and from the looks of it, the R-863 and the R-828 are presets only and set in mission editor.

My wallpaper and skins

believe its Khz, but that freq would necessarily be in the low Mhz range.

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Jadro HF  is that Mhz or?  

You can look at it as the first two digits are MHz if that helps. So if you have 02000 on it, that is 2.000 MHz, or 2000 kHz.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

4 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

You can look at it as the first two digits are MHz if that helps. So if you have 02000 on it, that is 2.000 MHz, or 2000 kHz.

So out of curiousity, who would necessarily use these frequencies? I see it goes all the way up to 17,000khz or 17Mhz.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Can I manually change the presets somehow so i can use the channels i want in multiplayer?

Not sure, still figuring out this stuff right now too.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team
20 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

So out of curiousity, who would necessarily use these frequencies? I see it goes all the way up to 17,000khz or 17Mhz.

Generally speaking, the High Frequency (HF) band is often used for long-range over-the-horizon comms since they have good atmospheric propagation characteristics, but there is often a minimum range associated with those specific types of HF radio systems due to the requirement to bounce off the ionosphere.  Other HF freqs are used in ham radios or CB radios, like with American truckers (although the Jadro can't go high enough to reach CB radio frequencies).

I don't know whether the Jadro radios were used for short-range comms or long-range OTH comms in Russian military use though.

23 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Can I manually change the presets somehow so i can use the channels i want in multiplayer?

Only way you can modify the presets as far as I know is via the Mission Editor, so changing them for each aircraft slot in the mission file.  It appears the only manually tunable radios are the Jadro HF radio and the ARK-15 radio navigational compass receivers.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

DCS Rotor-Head