Video Display Black Flashing

Kujo

Hello all. For a few months now, I have had this issue with my game where about 5/6ths of the display will randomly start to flash in and out. The most times it has happened is either in the F-16 or the F-86, but I think it could be with almost all aircraft. Here is a reference of what I'm describing:

These are my settings (The resolution is currently 1366x768 due to the nature of my monitor, but changing it to 1080 does not solve the problem and flashing will continue):

image.png
My current specifications are:
- Intel Core i5 4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB (Video drivers up to date)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- SAMSUNG 1TB SSD (DCS Install Location)

Edited by Kujo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Never quit. Never give up. Fly it to the end."

- Chuck Aaron

Hello Kujo and Eagle Dynamics,

i am having the same issues since the 2.7 Update as seen in the linked Video. Since now nothing worked for me to fix this. 

Hope to see any solution by ED soon. There a also some small black boxes in the sky. It happends to me on any map and with and Aircraft module.

Every other sim i use runs fine without any problems or graphic issues. 

My current current specifications: 

- AMD 5600X at stock speed

- Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB on 466.27 Driver

- 32GB DDR4 at 3200 MHZ

- DCS on a 500 GB M2

https://youtu.be/X4WUY1O5h5Y

Best regards from Germany

Digital Combat Simulator 18.06.2021 16_12_18.png

Edited by felafe

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

Hello,

just a small update. After installing the latest Nvidia Drivers, the problem still exists. Also a repair and a reinstall did not change anything. 

Could i get any suggestions or advice from anyone ? Eagle Dynamics?

i cannot use DCS for month now. 

cheers

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

This issue hits me in the Hind and some complex scenes with the Tawara (on-deck) in the Huey. 

This appears to be a performance/refresh item as these black flashes subsided when I scaled back visual quality by reducing resolution

-ch

16 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Do you know when the issue began?

It all started about 2 month ago. I got a new PC with the specs above to use with DCS and other sims. 

15 minutes ago, cfrag said:

This issue hits me in the Hind and some complex scenes with the Tawara (on-deck) in the Huey. 

This appears to be a performance/refresh item as these black flashes subsided when I scaled back visual quality by reducing resolution

-ch

for me it goes away if i disable all anti aliasing. For me using just Full HD resolution its just not looking good without it and for me its not flyable. Its getting worse the higher the AA setting is. 

MSAA or SSAA it makes no difference for me. Its always with those flashes and boxes. 

And as u said. DCS is the only sim or Programm with this problem.

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

Please try this:

1. Go to C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Config\
  2. Rename "options.lua" so DCS cannot find it ("options.lua_backup", for instance).
  3. Start DCS, set your graphics settings as wanted and try to reproduce the issue.
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Please try this:

1. Go to C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Config\
  2. Rename "options.lua" so DCS cannot find it ("options.lua_backup", for instance).
  3. Start DCS, set your graphics settings as wanted and try to reproduce the issue.

Thank you so much Flappie,

ive tried everything, renamed the options.lua now and with the new settings still the same. 

I even tried to set settings to off or low one by one and lowered the GPU and CPU clock speeds with still the same results. My GPU and CPU temps are well in limit. I really dont know what else to try. 

• Like 1

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

15 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please reproduce your issue then attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may show up as "dcs" ).

As you said, here is the dcs.log file. 

Best regards

dcs.log

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

Many thanks. I don't see anything odd in the log. I can see your graphics driver is up-to-date as well.

Can you please turn the "fullscreen" option off and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Chances are it won't change anything, because Kujo had "fullscreen" off, but I'm curious.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

If you have track replays showing it happening please attach them. 

If you can reproduce in short tracks this would be optimal 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Many thanks. I don't see anything odd in the log. I can see your graphics driver is up-to-date as well.

Can you please turn the "fullscreen" option off and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Chances are it won't change anything, because Kujo had "fullscreen" off, but I'm curious.

Thank you Flappie,

fullscreen off or on makes no difference. Tested also with Vsync on or off. Gives me the same results.

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you have track replays showing it happening please attach them. 

If you can reproduce in short tracks this would be optimal 

thanks

Hey BIGNEWY,

i could attach a trackfile later if you like. But basically it starts as soon as DCS is loaded as you can see in my Video attached in my post above.

There i not any moment it does not happening and flashing or showing the black boxes. 

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY

• ED Team

please, attach a track we can have the team take a look, see if we can reproduce 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

i finally found a solution for the Problem. 

Lowering the GPU Memory Clock for around 400 Mhz solved the issue for me. 

No other Sim or Game with high GPU demand has those issues. 

At least i can enjoy DCS World now. 

Best regards 

• Like 1

SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY