so is the F-14 freeze ED issues or HB?

ustio

So a while ago I made a thread where the game would freeze if you join an F-14 slot after more than 3 times. However HB said that this is an ED issues, they even stated on the recent update changelog here

but the response I get from this section that this is an F-14 related issues.

currently HB is leaving us in the dark 

Edited by ustio

• ED Team

Hi

Have you posted your dcs log anywhere? 

We would need to see crash logs and track replays to look for clues.

We will have the multiplayer test team check it out

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY this has been happening since 2.7 dropped and it doesn't produce a crash - DCS just hangs during load of the mission (so no trackfile either). I have had similar hangs in SP when the loading world message appears.

The hang can sometimes be sorted using task manager but I have also had to log out of the machine to fix it.

I think@Flappie also gets these so might be worth a chat with him

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Is there a link somewhere for the thread?

thanks
BN - I am at work atm but think the thread is https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/...3-dcs-freeze-when-joining-rio/

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

I read in another thread that DCS might not hang on the F-14 if you do not fly the same mission again, or do not fly the F-14 back to back. I tried that: I flew 1 mission in the F-14, and then a few missions in the F-18, and then I went back to the F-14. Right at World Preload 1/60, DCS hanged and I had to restart everything. So in my case it does not matter: I can only fly the F-14 once and then restart DCS if I want to fly the F-14 again.

This is single player with DCS Stable version 2.7.2. in Windows 10 64-bit up to date and all drivers, including NVIDIA video driver up to date. And yes, I have ran the DCS Repair and it does not fix the problem.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

@Flappie, When I say that DCS hangs, I mean that it makes Windows lock up so bad that Task Manager or anything else is not even clickable. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click on sign out. 

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Try this. If you have any monitoring software running in the background disable it, msi afterburner or fpsvr ect shut it down and test the tomcat. I did this over the weekend and fly/ fight with the Tomcat many many hours both single and mainly multiplayer and I did not have a freeze crash. It wouldnt hurt to try. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Good luck

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 7/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, ustio said:

do you have any Info? since its quite pointless discussing it in HB forum because they are refusing to comment further on

Iron Mike said it’s not on their side it’s an 

E D issue. That was weeks ago.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 minutes ago, Burt said:

Try this. If you have any monitoring software running in the background disable it, msi afterburner or fpsvr ect shut it down and test the tomcat. I did this over the weekend and fly/ fight with the Tomcat many many hours both single and mainly multiplayer and I did not have a freeze crash. It wouldnt hurt to try. Or maybe I just got lucky.

I for one don't use such software, yet I regularly have these Tomcat freezes. Sorry to say this, but you simply got lucky this time. 😕

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Lol ! Yeah oh well it was a fun weekend then.

Start Date April 2020 

Im also still experiencing freezes with the tomcat. No log will be made. DCS just stops responding. I hear the GPU fan going idle and i know its happening again.

What does stand out is its mostly happening when i get shot down or crash.

Unfortunatelly this happens more then i like it to be.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

• 1 month later...

I have also experienced the hang issue happened in v2.7.x more frequent than  v2.5.x and I agreed with hornblower793 that the crash zip file  would not be generated while seeing the task manager showed DCS "no responding".

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this thread after a full day trying to get to the bottom of a DCS freeze issue which has been plaguing me for months.

I've been having issues with DCS after about 30+ minutes into a mission, DCS freezes (not responding).  No Log file is generated with crash details (but have attached log up to about a second before freeze).  Have to end task (windows is fine, just DCS).

I play liberation campaigns (single-player), and it usually crashes when I'm returning to the carrier after a mission, so I rarely get to finish a mission now, which defeats the purpose of a campaign (and the game, for me).  Often the game freezes when nothing is happening (70 miles out returning to the carrier with the autopilot on)  It seems time related, rather than activity related.

Anyway, I have a single-player mission (created in Liberation, Caucasus, with about 30 aircraft in the air), nothing too strenuous for even a mid-range PC.  But this mission allows me to replicate the freeze 100% of the time.  I leave the F-14 on the carrier, fast-forward time to about 32 minutes in  (<30 mins is fine, >30 mins it will crash), then launch and after gear-up I press F3 (flypast), and the game freezes immediately in the cockpit (doesn't switch to external view).  I have repeated this maybe 20 times, monitoring CPU, Disk Usage, GPU etc. And there is nothing out of the ordinary happening.  I'm running on an i7-10700, GTX3070, 32GB RAM.   FPS is happy at 60+, then instant freeze, CPU, GPU then drop to 0.

I've spent the day going through topics on this, and tried every suggestion I could find, multithreading on/off, vsync on/off, graphics set to Low, graphics set to Max, nothing makes a difference,  complete uninstall (of everything), fresh install, switch off network, switch off antivirus, usb power, trackIR disconnect.  Game crashes under exactly the same conditions every time.  But I finally found a way to make it not crash,  and that was to do the same in the F18.  If I do the same mission in the F18 I have no issues, but in the F-14 (both the A and B) it crashes every time.   Most topics I read are often dealing with framerates, but my framerates are fine, right up to the freeze  (so it isn't CPU, GPU, or disk labouring under the strains of DCS and then breaking).

I'm not expecting anyone to diagnose this issue,  but if anyone has come across similar and has a solution, or a suggestion, I'd appreciate any info.

I'm going to shift from 32GB to 64GB RAM later today, as I've tried everything else I can think of.   (Edit:  64GB RAM made no difference, crashes in exactly the same place)

dcs.log

Edited by Clunk1001