Force Feedback Trim Bug

Picure
Go to solution Solved by Picure,

I am having this problem where trimming will drive my stick to the opposite side of where I initially trimmed and when I press trim again, it will run back to the opposite side again.

I am running an Logitech G940. Mi8 and KA50 trims still work fine so I don't think its a DCS update problem.

I made a video demoing this problem

DCS Mi24 Hind Force Feedback Trim Bug - YouTube

Thanks!

• Solution

I solved the problem! There turns out for some reason, you can invert x and y axis for the force feedback buttons. I found out about this because I tried trimming with the hat on the stick and it was going the opposite way I was trimming. I just inverted all axis for my trimmer buttons (doesn't really make a lot of sense for having an axis for a button) and it fixed the problem. 

Yeah this was driving me crazy, turns out under FFB axis settings you need to hit all three checkboxes. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 minutes ago, Picure said:

Force Feedback Fixed

DCS Mi24 Force Feedback Bug Fix - YouTube

its weird, never had to do this before with any of the other choppers.

Exactly. Which is why it was driving me crazy, at least we managed to get it to work. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 6/17/2021 at 3:46 AM, Picure said:

I solved the problem! There turns out for some reason, you can invert x and y axis for the force feedback buttons. I found out about this because I tried trimming with the hat on the stick and it was going the opposite way I was trimming. I just inverted all axis for my trimmer buttons (doesn't really make a lot of sense for having an axis for a button) and it fixed the problem. 

hi - can you explain in a little more detail how to do this? I am also experiencing this bug with my MSFT Sidewinder FFB2 joystick and it's driving me nuts. How do you invert the trim button?

I don't see any trim command under the Axis menu

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

hi - can you explain in a little more detail how to do this? I am also experiencing this bug with my MSFT Sidewinder FFB2 joystick and it's driving me nuts. How do you invert the trim button?

I don't see any trim command under the Axis menu
Just a little typo I guess, as there are no FFB buttons. I'm sure he means the FFB check boxes.
Anyway, it's very easily solved.
Just open control settings, axis, click on MS FFB column, click FFB, check all three boxes. Swap, x and y.
In all others modules I have to swap the axis. Hind is the first I have to invert to.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Just a little typo I guess, as there are no FFB buttons. I'm sure he means the FFB check boxes.
Anyway, it's very easily solved.
Just open control settings, axis, click on MS FFB column, click FFB, check all three boxes. Swap, x and y.
In all others modules I have to swap the axis. Hind is the first I have to invert to.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

got it to work, thanks!

only other issue now is, the rudder won't stay trimmed. do you know if this is tied into the same issue? does yours work?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

On 6/17/2021 at 3:46 AM, Picure said:

I have this too, FFB axes appear inverted. You trim the stick to one side and it re-centers to the other side. And it's never been a problem with FFB in any of the other ED choppers (Mi-8, UH-1H, Ka-50). Where exactly are you finding this trimmer axis setting? [Never mind, found it! I haven't had to use this on any DCS aircraft until now so you might want to change the default FFB axis directions.]

And rudder normally doesn't trim in helicopters. But in the Special Menu there's an option to enable it. (I don't use it as I have pedals. Can test if you need though.)

Screen_210618_235842.png

Edited by SMH