Snakeeyes blowing up 14 on release.

WelshZeCorgi

Has anyone else been blown up by their own bombs just after hitting the release button? They seem to either be colliding with each other or the airframe despite 1g level flight from 1000ft up. Loaded 18, snake eyes to see the new bomb racks (chef kiss) decided to ripple all of them off just to see them deploy, set Jester to ripple to 28, default settings for the rest, hit the release button and immediately exploded. 

• Like 3

I had also noticed this, tested and found 200ms pairs 100ms singles for snakeyes and 100ms pairs 50ms singles for AIRS was min safe ripple time (if I recall correctly), mk20 didn't care. Wondered what the real life release settings permit, anyone know the relevant manual for F14 bomb release settings / information?

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

I got this problem too, so I decided to test what was going on and to me looks like the problem is with the fin of the bomb.

I tested several times this programming the bombs as usual but with fuze on nose so the fins wouldn't open and the bombs dropped without any issues.

• 1 month later...

Did this to me in campaign. Mission gives 6 snakeeyes and requires single low level pass to take out EWR. Kept blowing up upon release. 
After a little investigation I found it happens when Ripple Quantity is set greater than 4. Anything up to 4 is fine. Guess the rack eject sequence doesn’t like lots of bombs. So workaround is to set Ripple Quantity to 4 and do multiple pickles. 

Open beta 2.7.4

On 6/24/2021 at 6:35 AM, secretcode said:

I got this problem too, so I decided to test what was going on and to me looks like the problem is with the fin of the bomb.

I tested several times this programming the bombs as usual but with fuze on nose so the fins wouldn't open and the bombs dropped without any issues.

For retard bomb like snakeeyes you need tail fuse; else the retard won’t activate. So set fuse as N/T.

Edited by paulw10
Dcs version

And here's a bug report ... hope this helps.

Bug: aircraft destroyed on Snakeeye release

Can I reproduce it 100%: yes

If not 100%, how often out of 10: 10/10

How to reproduce/ description:
Equip 2 x 3 mk82 snakeeye (statons 4 and 5)

Set Ripple Quantity to 6 (anything more than 4)

Select A/G

Master Arm

Fly straight and level at 500knots

Weapon release

[aircraft destroyed]

DCS Version: OpenBeta 2.7.4.9847

System Specs:

CPU i5 10600k

GPU 2060Super 8GB

32GB RAM

SSD 970evo

Peripherals:

Joystick: Warthog HOTAS

Throttle: Warthog HOTAS

Pedals: LOGITECH PRO

Others: N/A

Headtracker: Smoothtrack/Opentrack

Mission File: see attachment

Log: n/a

Track: see attachment

Video/ Screenshots: n/a.

Mods: none

f-14b snakeeye ripple test.trk f-14b snakeeye ripple test.miz

15 hours ago, sLYFa said:

Thats a result of ordnance colliding midair due to insufficient ripple interval. Increase the ripple timer and you will be good. 

Thanks. I thought about that after I posted. There’s obviously a relationship between speed, spacing, etc.  I was thinking of an experiment to find the limits for what works and what doesn’t. Has anyone done it before?

3 hours ago, paulw10 said:

Thanks. I thought about that after I posted. There’s obviously a relationship between speed, spacing, etc.  I was thinking of an experiment to find the limits for what works and what doesn’t. Has anyone done it before?

Someone previously found 100ms works for AIR and 200ms works for Snakeeyes

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, Sideburns said:

I had also noticed this, tested and found 200ms pairs 100ms singles for snakeyes and 100ms pairs 50ms singles for AIRS was min safe ripple time (if I recall correctly), mk20 didn't care. Wondered what the real life release settings permit, anyone know the relevant manual for F14 bomb release settings / information?

These were the settings, it does matter which variant of bomb you use and if you are dropping singly or in pairs.

• Thanks 2

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄