Comms Menu Pops up after commands

Ala12Rv-Birdman

Hi everyone.

Sorry if this issue was solved in any other threat, I looked for the solution but couldn't find it.

My VAICOM is working fine, but I have an anoying issue with it.

When it recognizes and processes a command, it pops up the comms menu, breaking inmersion. The only way I have found to solve it is to check the "Disable Menus" option, but that's not an apropiate solution for me as I need the menu to show up under some circunstances to select some F10 options.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks a million!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi everyone.
Sorry if this issue was solved in any other threat, I looked for the solution but couldn't find it.

My VAICOM is working fine, but I have an anoying issue with it.
When it recognizes and processes a command, it pops up the comms menu, breaking inmersion. The only way I have found to solve it is to check the "Disable Menus" option, but that's not an apropiate solution for me as I need the menu to show up under some circunstances to select some F10 options.

Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thanks a million!!
Have you tried to close DCS, restart VA, start DCS?
If that doesn't work, you need to "reset" Lua.
But, why don't you hide the menus? Say "options", keep the TX pressed, and then say "take one" for menu item 1 etc.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I could try reseting the .lua, as closing VA and DCS never worked.

If I hide the menus via config tab, I cannot get them back saying options, thats the problem..

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

If I hide the menus via config tab, I cannot get them back saying options, thats the problem..
Options should do that with hide menus ticked - it is how I run mine. I will run a quick check to see if anything has changed

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ah, okay. I see. Even when pressing the TX continuesly? Have you looked in the VA log to see what's happening to the command?

I have just run a quick test flight (F16 Caucasus Free Flight) and Options worked as expected with menus hidden.

Press and hold TX (and keep pressed through all following steps to the point when release is mentioned)

Say Options - Menu appears

Used Take 5 to select ATC

Take 1 to select Kutaisi

Take 1 to select inbound

Release TX

@MAXsenna is right - if this is not how your system is behaving then we need to work out what is different. @Ala12Rv-Birdman could you check that you have debug turned on in the Vaicom config, run a short test flight trying options and then post the DCS log file to this thread. The log file can be found in <your VoiceAttack install directory>\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok... Will do when back home.

Thank you both!! 🙂

• Like 1

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

2 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@hornblower793
Guess you mean the VAICOM log, not DCS? emoji6.png
Just mentioned it to avoid confusion! emoji1.png
Cheers!

Just checking people were reading😗

Yes you are right - I did mean the Vaicom log - spent too much time recently looking at DCS logs trying to help resolve crash issues

Just checking people were reading

Yes you are right - I did mean the Vaicom log - spent too much time recently looking at DCS logs trying to help resolve crash issues
I had a feeling that was it!

I will check it in a few days.

First I need to solve the problem with PTT we a lot of people are having. I cannot check the problem with menu poping up until PTT is working fine back again 😅

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

OK - we will see if we can sort that as well - do you run Vaicom as a standalone plugin to VA or with other profiles?

Also, do you run other things like SRS?

Edited by hornblower793

12 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

OK - we will see if we can sort that as well - do you run Vaicom as a standalone plugin to VA or with other profiles?

Also, do you run other things like SRS?

Standalone.

I use SRS so I can talk to my buddies via radio in MP, so I  prefer using the broadcast parallel set up in VAICOM. It always worked fine for me that way...

I also noticed a degradation in voice recognition and button press when on cockpit.

Without DCS running, everything seems to work right and the voice recognition is perfect. Once DCS running everything changes.

But that's for later 😅 Hope PTT issue could be solved first.. and then menu pop up...

BTW, I reseted .lua and nothing changed

• Like 1

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Have you guys tried switching the VSPX Processing either off or on to see if your recognition improves? Prior to the latest update I changed that and it greatly improved recognition for me.

image.png

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Have you guys tried switching the VSPX Processing either off or on to see if your recognition improves? Prior to the latest update I changed that and it greatly improved recognition for me.

image.png.3195a575644647c054b7d808f77ee533.png
Thanks! I was gonna try that.

Don't forget to change VA settings too.

•    In Preferences, (de)select VSPX option: you will see a pop-up. Press OK.  
•    Follow the FINISH steps in the keywords editor to update your VA profile,
•    In VoiceAttack options put these settings as follows:
           Unrecognized Speech Delay
           VSPX OFF:          0ms.
           VSPX ON:  600-1000ms: 700ms recommended.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Don't forget to change VA settings too.

•    In Preferences, (de)select VSPX option: you will see a pop-up. Press OK.  
•    Follow the FINISH steps in the keywords editor to update your VA profile,
•    In VoiceAttack options put these settings as follows:
           Unrecognized Speech Delay
           VSPX OFF:          0ms.
           VSPX ON:  600-1000ms: 700ms recommended.