Jump to content

F/F Donor does not donate


GrEaSeLiTeNiN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, I was designing a MSI/LTWS/SA/HAFU practice Mission with various friendly and hostile fighters just flying around to be detected by my F18. No AWACS. I have a F/F donor that shows up on my radar and SA page as a circle with a side dot. But it will not contribute any bottom half HAFUs to my radar or SA pages. Meaning it does not appear to be picking up the hostiles flying around and hence is not "donating". Do I need to do certain things in the advanced waypoint settings to make it work? Does the F/F donor have to be from the same country or same flight? When I add in an AWACS, I get SURV tracks (2/3 size) and also the bottom HAFUs for my contacts which I presume were contributed by AWACS. But without AWACS, no bottom HAFUs at all even with an F/F donor and wingman in the vicinity. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. 


Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

noticed same thing but was unsure if this is the "correct" way. Tried just to be sure selecting Auto Int in the AZ/EL page, i know it is for auto interrogation but it was trial/error. Need more testing to see if i´m not doing something as should be.

Portugal

Col. Bruno "Fonzie" F. (on DCS)

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

 

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Hi, I was designing a MSI/LTWS/SA/HAFU practice Mission with various friendly and hostile fighters just flying around to be detected by my F18. No AWACS. I have a F/F donar that shows up on my radar and SA page as a circle with a side dot. But it will not contribute any bottom half HAFUs to my radar or SA pages. Meaning it does not appear to be picking up the hostiles flying around and hence is not "donating". Do I need to do certain things in the advanced waypoint settings to make it work? Does the F/F donor have to be from the same country or same flight? When I add in an AWACS, I get SURV tracks (2/3 size) and also the bottom HAFUs for my contacts which I presume were contributed by AWACS. But without AWACS, no bottom HAFUs at all even with an F/F donar and wingman in the vicinity. What am I missing? THanks in advance. 


Is this single player? AI donors don’t share their trackfiles / bottom HAFU unless they are in STT. You’ll see the bottom HAFU come up when they attack. I think it used to work about 18 months ago, but it got broken. 
I believe it still works correctly in MP. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AvroLanc said:


Is this single player? AI donors don’t share their trackfiles / bottom HAFU unless they are in STT. You’ll see the bottom HAFU come up when they attack. I think it used to work about 18 months ago, but it got broken. 
I believe it still works correctly in MP. 
 

 

Yes, single player. All tasks were set as "Nothing" and Weapons Hold as I just wanted to observe the various HAFUs. I'll test again with weapons free. But am I right to say the correct implementation is that the (AI) F/F donor should donate the bottom HAFUs even without an STT lock so long as they pick up the contacts on their radars? I mean it seems to work for AWACS, just not F/Fs. Thanks

UPDATE: Tested with a weapons free F/F donor and the bottom HAFU of F/F's target showed up on my SA but not on my RDR ATTK. Implementation is kind of bugged I guess.
 


Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GrEaSeLiTeNiN changed the title to F/F Donor does not donate

IRL, do F/F donors contribute trackfiles (bottom HAFUs) to the SA, AZ/EL and RDR ATTK pages ONLY if they are in STT? The concept of D/L and MSI would seem to suggest otherwise? I can see how an STT would be more likely a hostile or correlated but I would assume it's about sharing whatever your radar has picked up for correlation with other F/Fs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

IRL, do F/F donors contribute trackfiles (bottom HAFUs) to the SA, AZ/EL and RDR ATTK pages ONLY if they are in STT? The concept of D/L and MSI would seem to suggest otherwise? I can see how an STT would be more likely a hostile or correlated but I would assume it's about sharing whatever your radar has picked up for correlation with other F/Fs. 

 

Yes they should do. If the F/F own radar's in RWS or TWS. As stated, it's a bug. Needs fixing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...