Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

In the last few weeks, I've faced an unfortunate complication with the F-16 viper on latest beta.

It seems like there is a bug which makes the F16's datalink useless, HSD page doesn't display any wingmans/friendly's without a particular reason.

the weirdest thing that this only happens at night time flights as well as especially if there's another client has connected as a wingman/friendly. (except bots, they are displayed fine anytime for some reason).

one more thing to specify, I was testing it with some friends of mine and they having the same issue..

I'm afraid but this is a bug that needs to be fixed immediately.

 

 

 

 

meshima_hashait_ (1).miz

server-20210620-151040.trk


Edited by Manuel7
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all!
On the last few weeks, I've faced an unfortunate complication with the F-16 viper on latest beta.
It seems like there is a bug that the HSD doesn't displays any frendlys/wingmans,
the weirdest thing that this only happens at night time flights as well as especially if there's another client has connected as a wingman/friendly. (except bots, they are displayed fine anytime for some reason).
one more thing to specify, I was testing this with some friends of mine and they has the same issue.
Please, do not post obvious stuff such as "Have you turned on your IFF master?" etc below this post.
I'm afraid but this is a bug that needs to be fixed immediately.
 
 
When you don't post a track, that's a prerequisity for claiming bugs as I understand it, you can almost guarantee that people will ask those questions you don't want.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk


Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Manuel7 said:

Hi all!

In the last few weeks, I've faced an unfortunate complication with the F-16 viper on latest beta.

It seems like there is a bug which makes the F16's datalink useless, HSD page doesn't display any wingmans/friendly's without a particular reason.

the weirdest thing that this only happens at night time flights as well as especially if there's another client has connected as a wingman/friendly. (except bots, they are displayed fine anytime for some reason).

one more thing to specify, I was testing it with some friends of mine and they having the same issue..

Please, do not post obvious stuff such as "Have you turned on your IFF master?" etc below this post.

I'm afraid but this is a bug that needs to be fixed immediately.

 

 

 

 

Well yea you need to post a track showing the issue,

you sound so sure it is a bug but as you can see it has been 9 hours since your post and 105 views atm and no1 else said yes i have the same issue, strange right?

 

So post a track 😜

 

It is usually INS alignement issue that's causing your data link problem.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Manuel7 said:

Any ideas?

+1 IDK why, datalink bug has been around for quite a long time. Sometimes it appears and disappears. In some sever it works totally fine, in some sever it does not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

 

Incorrect start-up.  You did Norm INS and didn't confirm Lat, Long, Alt.  It's not a bug.

 

Hey!

I was testing it on STOR HDG mode aswell, and it didn't work.

second thing: If I will set a bot instead of client for the second plane, It'll work itself fine then everyone can be seen on HSD.

and as I said before: I am facing with this issue at nightimes, except mornings / afternoons, as well as my wingmans are.


Edited by Manuel7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Manuel7 said:

Hey!

I was testing it on STOR HDG mode aswell, and it didn't work.

second thing: If I will set a bot instead of client for the second plane, It'll work itself fine then everyone can be seen on HSD.

and as I said before: I am facing with this issue at nightimes, except mornings / afternoons, as well as my wingmans are.

 

 

Unless you show what you're doing in those other situations, I can't comment on the reason.  But from what you've shown, it's not a bug.  And according to Wag's video, you have to confirm on first two minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep as Taz said, you have to confirm your coordinates when doing Normal INS Alignement, with Stored Alignement you don't have to confirm coordinates, we cant see what happened while you used stored so can't say anything about that.

 

INS alignement can also be messed up when you load weapons on your plane, if the plane shakes it wont work, if you move the plane a tiny bit it wont work.

Don't know why would night be any different than day tho. I don't have problems with alignement day or night or bad weather etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some things to consider with the own flight symbols on the HSD.... It can be broken by the mission designer based on how they place the F-16 units.

F-16s in the same flight need to be added in sequence in the editor for them to show properly on the HSD. For example, a correct placement would be to place the lead aircraft, then modify that jet how you want with payload and other options, then add 2, 3, and 4 with the right carrot in the unit count.

Improper placement would be to create a flight lead jet, then copy paste the group to other places, then go back and add the wingmen to each group. Another thing that would break the own flight symbols is removing wingmen from the flights then adding them back.

I think the logic here is that each object created gets assigned a number, and then the F-16 looks for sequential numbers in its flight for the Datalink own flight symbols to work.

I don't think this is necessarily a bug, but more that mission designers don't know about this or don't pay attention to it.

If you go to page 3 of the F-16's Datalink page, you'll see the values assigned to each jet in the flight. If you don't have sequential numbers there, you are going to have issues. Maybe someday that whole system will get modeled so we can edit those values to affect the network, or create our own networks by jumping net times together.... But that's probably a ways off and will require a lot of education for the typical viper driver.

Anyway, if you notice a flight that has an issue, report it to the mission designer and have them delete the flight, and re-add the vipers in sequence.

Lastly, there is a limit to the SURV tracks that can be displayed. I think it's 30 or 40, but if you exceed that number of aircraft in the session, it can start to rob you of own flight symbols as well (this was tested about a year ago, and I'm not sure if it still does that).



Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We have tested it again, everything was set up correctly as it has been explained by @Taz1004

Still the same issue I'm afraid.

there'll be a new track in an hour or two.


Edited by Manuel7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

 

If this is the mission file you posted on your first post, then you have no AWACS.

 

yeah It is the mission, what do you mean "I have no AWACS"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Manuel7 said:

yeah It is the mission, what do you mean "I have no AWACS"?

 

The mission file has no AWACS.  And you and your wingmen are only flight.  So there's no one that can send you data.

You need to setup AWACS in the mission file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

 

The mission file has no AWACS.  And you and your wingmen are only flight.  So there's no one that can send you data.

You need to setup AWACS in the mission file.

dont think so, cause we could see each other on mornings / middays,

we were never setup any AWACS stations.

and there's ain't no AWACS's abeam Israel/Ramat David at all

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Manuel7 said:

dont think so, cause we could see each other on mornings / middays,

we were never setup any AWACS stations.

and there's ain't no AWACS's abeam Israel/Ramat David at all

 

This is your mission.  Only thing I did is add AWACS.  I ran it on my test MP server.

 

Screenshot 2021-06-20 142727.jpg

 

meshima_hashait_ (1).miz

 


Edited by Taz1004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Manuel7 said:

Track: https://mega.nz/file/Av4yGIpC#Dp9g3ubAjmisxtQcFjAx2t1jjPFeGrYbPaNUZrqeuH0

as soon as we've runed a morning mission where everything worked well, with no AWACS.

lobnan.miz 9.34 kB · 1 download

 

 

I'm not gonna accept cookies to download the track.  Without AWACS, if both of you find contact on your radar and both of you set Link 16 to transmit, you would share data between you.  Assuming your friend started up properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

 

I'm not gonna accept cookies to download the track.  Without AWACS, if both of you find contact on your radar and both of you set Link 16 to transmit, you would share data between you.  Assuming your friend started up properly.

^^as requested^^

still thinking it is a bug


Edited by Manuel7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Manuel7 said:

the "firendly" aircraft you've seen wasn't your wingman, It's the AWCS station which works for me aswell

 

 

That's because in that shot, wingman was left empty and didn't start up.

I ran your mission with AI wingman and shows up.  No AWACS.

Datalink works.  It's receiving data just fine.  Has nothing to do with day or night.  So problem is no one is "sending" you data.  Only possibility I can think of is that your friend didn't start up properly.

 

Screenshot 2021-06-21 080731.jpg

 


Edited by Taz1004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...