Reverb G2 strap

javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

No, but I believe that is the same product that the VR Flight sim guy recently gave a glowing review of. I'm tempted to order one myself because unlike seemingly most people I've never found the G2 that comfortable. In fact I find the Quest 2 with the Elite strap much more comfortable.

Edit: In fact, I'd forgotten about this and I've been looking to improve the comfort of my G2 so I've just ordered the 200g set.

Thanks. 

Edited by AlpineGTA

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Just ordered one because my chief complaint with the G2 is its tendancy to slide around on my face when I'm looking up or down.  I'll let you know how it works out.  Thanks for posting the links!  The price made it a definite "shot in the dark" candidate for me.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Yes, that's my worse bugbear with it, moving around and losing the sweet spot, especially when looking down at side panels. I posted a topic a while ago about needing a chin strap or something to keep it in place 😀 but few people seemed to be in agreement.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I bought the "2.0 Ultimate Comfort" set for my G2 from VRBalance.  I have worn it on several sessions, each lasting over three hours, and found it to be very comfortable.  It eliminated the top strap hot spot I was feeling.  It also seems to require less sweet spot adjustment when taking it off and putting it on.  I did find that it made me feel a little hotter and use a small desktop fan to blow on my face.

https://vrbalance.net/

Hope this helps

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Well, so far I have to say that I'm very impressed with the service and communication from StudioFormCreative.  I got an e-mail from them today saying that they are sending the full kit, with counterbalance.  I had only ordered the strap, but I'm getting something extra in the deal.  For shipping, I chose DHL because I have had good luck with them in the past, and it was only 7 bucks more.  Really glad I did that too, since it wasn't immediately obvious to me that these guys are apparently in New Zealand.  With DHL, the thing will be here in 2-3 days.  I know that's not just a claim, because DHL has gotten international shipments to me in 2 days consistently.

Edited by eaglecash867
  • Like 1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine on the 17th, so it took only 3 days to get here from New Zealand.  Just got a chance to unpackage everything and try it out.  Its all very high quality stuff and comes with extra velcro patches for the eventual time where the material of the strap gets too worn for the hook part of the velcro to grab onto.  The strap and counterbalance do make the G2 much more comfortable to use, without the constant adjustments I was having to make to it every time I moved my head too fast.  The other thing I noticed is that with less pressure on the bottom part of the G2s facepad, you get a tiny gap (not even noticeable visually) at the bottom which keeps the inside of the HMD from turning into a fogging chamber for the lenses.  Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting this as well.  was delivered about 10 days ago.  really helps with my fitment and HMD overall balance on my noggin'.  as eagle notes, well worth the investment.  (I went with the 100g counter weight setup).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control