With Free-to-Play, does it mean sales become less often?

Really love flying the Turkey! But the price is a bit too high, I can feel wifey sharpening the knives while watching me flying...

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Your wife never goes to the beauty saloon? ... a visit there and the cost can easily be more than a DCS dlc 😇

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Except going to the hairstyler, she never goes to beauty saloon any more. Have been married for too long, you know...

• Like 8

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Your wife never goes to the beauty saloon? ... a visit there and the cost can easily be more than a DCS dlc 😇

guys go to the beauty saloon. ladies go to the beauty salon LOL @Rudel_chw 

The main difference between salon and saloon is that salon is a place where people have beauty treatments, while saloon is a place that sells alcoholic beverages. In some parts of the world, the two words salon and saloon are pronounced the same and are used interchangeably.

• Like 4

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

50 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

guys go to the beauty saloon. ladies go to the beauty salon LOL @Rudel_chw 

I do my best, but english is not my native language, so ... 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don't think sales will be less frequent, however the Turkey hardly gets discounted, anyway. They were never frequent in first place, but the Steam Summer Sale should have it, and DCS store should get a sale in parallel.

What I'll be missing are the free trails on Steam. There were a few things that I wanted to check (admittedly, mostly out of curiosity, I'm not in the market for them). I can't install standalone because I don't have that much room on my SSD.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Saloon = old western pub. 

As for sales, the 14 normally gets $10 off only. Question I ask myself - is it worth waiting for the next sale if I am going to buy it and miss out or is it worth potentially $1 each week for the next 10 weeks to enjoy it now?

Sometimes it’s easy to just look at a single figure and not realise the loss of enjoyment to save a few pennies.

Each person is different, has different financial obligations of course too, and we all don’t like paying more then we have to. Sometimes it helps though to play the devils advocate and see whether it’s worth mission out on a sale to get more enjoyment. 

13 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

you speak english better than i speak your native language (whatever it is). i was not making fun of you. 😉 

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

8 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

As for sales, the 14 normally gets $10 off only. Question I ask myself - is it worth waiting for the next sale if I am going to buy it and miss out or is it worth potentially $1 each week for the next 10 weeks to enjoy it now?

I say Tomcat is worth every penny. Luckily you can test it yourself for 2 weeks now.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Agreed. It's literally that one plane worth getting even if it's not on sale.

BTW had a giggle at that saloon thing as well, but I totally understood what was meant. I like it when such bloopers happen, it even seemed like a well placed joke there. It's perfectly fine to not be perfect at things pinkiepieexcited.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

US$10.00 is not a big sum, but when wifey asked why I had shelled out another big sum, I could explain it was on sale, it was a bargain, it was a steal! 😉

As for Steam Summer Sale, rumour has it it would be towards the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

Edited by VFGiPJP

I'm not entirely sure I can follow your line of thought, so please allow me to present mine:

It's not free-to-play. It's 'let me give you this first pack of crack for free, and come see me later if you want more'.

Sure there'll be sales. But after a while, you don't care any more, you just buy. That's how I got CA... 🙂 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1