Mix and matching different products.

Cantankerous

Hi everyone

I am in the process of upgrading from T16000 stick and throttle to better kit and have decided to go to with VKB stick and pedals.

My question is would I be likely to have problems if I mixed these items with a mongoose throtttle ? I am working on the basis that the Throttle would have its own software and direct USB port separate from the VKB stuff.

It's a  lot of money to spend and get it wrong if there are compatibility problems......

Thanks in advance C

You can have, basically, as many different periferals connected as you. They won't interfere with other except for in the axis configuration. There you will have conflict as DCS adds them there automatically.
So just remember to remove the axis you don't need in the different modules.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes no problems.

I run a VKB Gunfighter stick, Virpil CM3 throttle, and MFG Crosswind Pedals.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Running MFG Crosswind pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBRD base with Thrusmaster Warthog stick on it and reflashed the VIDnr of the Virpil base to match that of the TM Warthog base so i could keep using TM software. Works nice.

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...
En 13/6/2021 a las 18:30, Lange_666 dijo:

Running MFG Crosswind pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBRD base with Thrusmaster Warthog stick on it and reflashed the VIDnr of the Virpil base to match that of the TM Warthog base so i could keep using TM software. Works nice.

does warbrd base and tm warthog stick combination work?  I say it by the weight of the stick.  Do you think it is necessary to buy the extra heavy spring set?  Thanks for the help

4 hours ago, lt_d4n said:

does warbrd base and tm warthog stick combination work?  I say it by the weight of the stick.  Do you think it is necessary to buy the extra heavy spring set?

The original installed standard (soft) ones are too soft to keep the heavy TM stick up.

It works with the normal heavy ones which still gives a 1-2° forward lean but that it something you don't notice. After calibration all is just fine. 

If you don't use an extension there is imho no need for the extra heavy ones.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

3 hours ago, crash test pilot said:

Funny... My Warthog stick was perfectly upright with the standard springs - just a little wobble if i released the stick from full deflection.

Ya, I use the WH F-18 grip no problem on my Virpil Warbrd with no issues.  I tried some of the heavier springs and didn't like them so I'm using the stock ones that were in it when it came.

• Like 1