Hound - ELINT system for missions bulders

Howdy folks!
Born from the desire to create a realistic SEAD/DEAD mission, I've realized DCS (or any other sim for that matter) is lacking in one of the most crucial elements of the modern battlefield, ELINT.

so I've decided to pick up this glove and do my best.

Introducing Hound ELINT system for DCS.

MP oriented, realism in mind, ELINT system.

it uses allocated assets (Air, ground and static units) to realistically estimate position or active enemy radars.

Available for download in Github

https://github.com/uriba107/DCS-Hound

Questions regarding mission building and scripting? Join the Skynet discord Group, Hound has a small section there:

https://discord.gg/pz8wcQs

Hound Feature Highlights:

• MP Oriented
  • Text-To-Speech centered information delivery, using SRS
  • provides both position and positional error estimation for radars
  • physics based location accuracy
  • Compatible with MOOSE, MIST and Skynet

I firmly believe less words is more, if you like words, the readme in the repo is at your services! 🙂

So cinematic introduction Video 🙂

Special thanks to 
@tigair - for Skynet which inspired Hound.

@Grimes- for MIST and the hoggit wiki

@Ciribob - For SRS and supporting changes to the SRS TTS engine that made Hound viable.

Changelog:

v0.1.1 - 28/6/2021

• Multiple bugfixes
  • Added Support to Anubis' C-130 and VSN EA-6B

v0.1.2 - 23/7/2021

•   Better location accuracy
  • Updated Radars list with radars introduced with DCS 2.7.3 & 2.7.4
  • Added support for "SAM asset pack" mod
  • Uncertainty ellipse now supports more display option (Thanks to @davidp57)
  • Hound Instance can now be created with coalition so it will start correctly without assigned platforms.
  • Multiple bugs squashed

Mission Editor Tutorial

Grimes

Grimes

Edited by uri_ba
  • Thanks 9

Looks extra-cool ; I'll certainly integrate this with our dynamic mission framework very soon.

Btw I like what you done with STTS and your `HoundCommsManager` object ; I wrote some code that had the same features but not your object's level of professionalism, so if you don't mind I'll start using it in my scripts.

• Thanks 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

13 minutes ago, davidp57 said:

Looks extra-cool ; I'll certainly integrate this with our dynamic mission framework very soon.

Btw I like what you done with STTS and your `HoundCommsManager` object ; I wrote some code that had the same features but not your object's level of professionalism, so if you don't mind I'll start using it in my scripts.

I will be happy to hear what you guys think after the first flight with it 🙂

and feel free to borrow whatever bits you need 🙂

Wow! Thanks @uri_ba, this looks great 😲

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome !

I've also integrated Hound Elint to the VEAF scripts, if anyone wants to try.

Next iteration will add a radio menu that human pilots will be able to use to take / leave the ELINT role.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You'll be most welcome to "steal" it, although it'll probably be quite easy from Hound Elint point of view, and heavily linked to my VEAF library on the radio side...

8 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

How does DCS make the red circles seen in the demo video?  Didn't realize DCS could do that.

Hi, it's a fairly new function. You have lines, circles, arrows and quads. (And it's red because it was blue coalition system. The other side will have blue circles ;))

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_func_markupToAll

2 minutes ago, nighthawk2174 said:

Could be interesting if you could make the circle say green if the radar is silent, if that's possible ofc.

That's actually possible. not sure I'll implement it exactly like this. but an awesome Idea! Thanks!

• Like 1