Maximum Landing Mass for our Viper?

Cepheus76

For what i read there isn´t defined a maximum landing weight.

Just take in consideration more runway length to stop, for example.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Cepheus76:

Hello all,

As per the title, I am looking for information about the maximum landing mass for the F-16. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Cepheus76

There is none. There is a maximum takeoff weight of 42300 lbs which is the maximum takeoff and landing weight.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb SpaceMonkey037:

Do you have a source stating that weight?

Would have to check numerous manuals, it also differs between blocks. Don't have one right at the moment, sorry. 

I think it is stated in the HAF manuals. 

On 6/20/2021 at 9:48 AM, TobiasA said:

Would have to check numerous manuals, it also differs between blocks. Don't have one right at the moment, sorry. 

I think it is stated in the HAF manuals. 

Last time I checked the maximum was 48000 😕 I doubt it's even possible to get the aircraft that heavy

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SpaceMonkey037:

Last time I checked the maximum was 48000 😕 I doubt it's even possible to get the aircraft that heavy

I don't find it anymore, but various numbers exist and without CFT's it is difficult to ever achieve this value.

As far as I know, the max landing weight is effetely higher than the max takeoff weight under any circumstances, so it's essentially never a concern. If you got off the ground in a configuration, you can land with it. 

On 6/20/2021 at 7:06 AM, Cupra said:

There are sources, but in this forum it is forbidden to name them or give a link.

You can name them and give a page number for others with the documents to reference. You just can't directly link to the manual or paste info out of it. 

GW limitation is 42,300 for all phases of aircraft movement, including towing, taxi, take off, in-flight, and even landing. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

43 minutes ago, durka-durka said:

Is there a way to dump fuel in the F-16? 

Officially: no. Since the max landing weight is always equal to or above max takeoff weight, there isn't really a need for it. 

Unofficially: afterburner and speedbrake. 

If you really feel the need for the Viper to lose some weight prior to landing, just push that button to the left of the landing gear indicators. :grin:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg