Any news?

Cathnan

It's been quite some time since I've heard any updates on this map. And since this is the map I'm looking forward to most, I'd like to know if there are any new updates. Especially in terms of release date. The last I news I heard anout it were 2020 with a release in early access aimed for very late 2021, and I'm wondering if this is still the plan today.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im a mission builder and Im constantly getting request for the Falkland Islands Conflict... Since the release of the as we call it "The Marry Me Islands" I have started to develop this area into the Falklands as a stop gap... Would really like to know if this South Atlantic Map will be going ahead... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, Markaus said:

Im a mission builder and Im constantly getting request for the Falkland Islands Conflict... Since the release of the as we call it "The Marry Me Islands" I have started to develop this area into the Falklands as a stop gap... Would really like to know if this South Atlantic Map will be going ahead... 

what do you mean by "if this South Atlantic Map will be going ahead"?

Building terrain is not a spectator sport or one that you get weekly updates on, its simply arduos, time consuming, very boring and extremely slow. They take years. Updates are not interesting. But you will know when its done because they'll sell it. Not very much before. Plus the terrain isnt the only thing being made for that DLC so there are interconnecting tasks.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

They take years. Updates are not interesting.

Oh, I don’t know…

the Tactical Pascale video was pretty interesting - spectacular I’d say! 

If a dev is going to whet the appetite in that way it’s only natural that folks will be keyed up for more info / product release

Plus the terrain isnt the only thing being made for that DLC so there are interconnecting tasks.

I suspect this is the difficult bit ☹️

The naval assets (that we’ve seen) look a long way behind. The visual models look good, but the AI behaviour and weapons / damage modelling must be something else…

Just on weapons they will need Sea Dart, Sea Cat, Sea Wolf, 4.5”, 6” and smaller calibre guns… Rapier???

• Like 1

There is not going top be a coherent theater just a map based on todays geography and a few assets. Period.

DOnt expect much more and certenly do not take razbams word for granted LOL

I was really hype on this poryect but not any more...

23 minutes ago, 72Stu said:

I can't see this map as much more than the Marianas, without the nice coral reefs and golf course!  

Just lots and lots of deep, blue ocean and some rocks to land on.

have you seen the update that it’s also going to include a big tract of South America?

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

22 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

have you seen the update that it’s also going to include a big tract of South America?

I had little interest in the map until I heard it was extending a chunk into South America. Then I became very interested. I'm really looking forward to how well the mountain textures are done. Will they be that god awful generic stretched textures you see in some sims or will they be well crafted and delicious? Hopefully the latter.

As to the point made before about the "coherent theater" of the map, for my part I couldn't care less. As long as the map is good, I'll figure out what to do with it.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

work is progress nicely on the terrain, but as you can imagine the project has grown exponentially over the period due to community feedback.  The map upon release will cover 1.5 million square km. so that will be good enough IMPO.  Ill try and put something together this week, no promises

thanks Specter

On 8/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, rkk01 said:

Oh, I don’t know…

the Tactical Pascale video was pretty interesting - spectacular I’d say! 

If a dev is going to whet the appetite in that way it’s only natural that folks will be keyed up for more info / product release

I suspect this is the difficult bit ☹️

The naval assets (that we’ve seen) look a long way behind. The visual models look good, but the AI behaviour and weapons / damage modelling must be something else…

Just on weapons they will need Sea Dart, Sea Cat, Sea Wolf, 4.5”, 6” and smaller calibre guns… Rapier???

With reference to the weapons, the Sea Cat, Sea Dart Missiles have already been submitted to ED for them to do their magic, I still have the SeaWolf to complete.  The rapier is already in the sim.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

just a little teaser, this is the new crossing type which I finished last week, called a Culvertimage.png

• Like 9

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I recommend joining the Razbam Discord 'south-atlantic' channel - I've noticed photos and snippets of information being posted by the developers 🙂

https://discord.gg/PQuphDr3

• Like 4

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

• 1 month later...

New teaser video:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Looks really great!

One thing that is really noticeable and hopefully easy to change is what looks like a kids drawing of grass. That's not how grass looks like irl - if you can replace that with something more realistic (and also that looks decent as a LOD it could go a long way).

This is the MSFS grass. Just one alpha map that needs to be replaced and everything would look so much better.
Thanks.

grass.png

Edited by GEIST
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

New teaser video:

Brilliant stuff - cannot wait 👍

Lovely looking Leander - Achilles???

But seriously, at 1:18 - what’s with the septic tank???😡  That really needs to be RN, ok???

and the Merlin sound on the intro???

Has Razbam watched this…

On 10/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, jonsky7 said:

I'm no Adrián Caparzo, but I did put this together

they really ought to as those fjords are desperately needed, right now 😉

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

Hmm, textures look poor and the opening shot looked bad. And sprawling towns just don't exist in the Falklands?! Small settlements maybe, but some of those pan shots looked like Glasgow council estates. Plus all the US stuff...should be RAF etc.

Just sayin'...it WAS a teaser video.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, 72Stu said:

And sprawling towns just don't exist in the Falklands?! Small settlements maybe, but some of those pan shots looked like Glasgow council estates. Plus all the US stuff...should be RAF etc.

You are aware that mainland Argentina is also included in this map (part of it at least)?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg