Thumping/booming sound

thrustvector

hmm well yea i would hope so, but, the external fly by is temperamental, works most of the time, but mainly i have found its within 1 min or so of take off, the booming in co pilot seat is just unbearable, its pretty overpowering.

i didt get a track of it as i needed to go out quick, ill try later if needed, but seems im not the only one that hears it

Can you post a short video? I just checked and I dont hear any constant thumping sound in the RIO seat.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

not at all there was a few who heard this at first as stated i lost that post.

ok in a bit of a hurry, so very quick tests, as you can hear/see here it happens nearly every time, But on these 3 occasions it did stop, before i had it continuous for around a minute

thumping1_12062021_11-05.trkthumping2_12062021_11-05.trkthumping3_12062021_11-05.trk

thanks for looking Mike

Edited by thrustvector

If the throttle is held precisely at the afterburner threshold (ie. a mal-placed fullmil/AF detent) the AF will keep trying to fire up, but can't get a proper burn. So you get thumps of the afterburner struggling to light and stay lit. This will continue to happen if the throttle remains in that position.

Try closing your throttle a bit for full mil power setting, and moving the detent if you have one, to see if the sound disappears. Also, check when you go full afterburn, does the sound disappear?

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

5 hours ago, wowbagger said:

If the throttle is held precisely at the afterburner threshold (ie. a mal-placed fullmil/AF detent) the AF will keep trying to fire up, but can't get a proper burn. So you get thumps of the afterburner struggling to light and stay lit. This will continue to happen if the throttle remains in that position.

Iceman often does it to me and it's quite annoying

Edited by veenee

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

I was testing Iceman after latest update so I was able to experience his throttle management too 🙂

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

8 minutes ago, 51GRIZZLY said:

You can avoid the thumbing sound by telling Iceman to keep the speed below 400 KTS while circling around the bombing/target area.

That will depend on the gross weight, stores and altitude.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria