DCS: Black Shark Producer's Note #9 (Game Mode) Available on You Tube

Wags

• ED Team

This video provides of an overview of the “Game Mode”. Given the release of the Russian version on October 17th, we’ve decided to release this note a bit early for you.

Note that DCS: Black Shark does not need to be played in complete Simulation Mode or complete Game Mode. Rather, using the options screen you may mix and match game play settings to best suit your game play needs. Game Mode plays quite well using a game pad controller.

High resolution version of this video will be available on this website shortly.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Wags

This is very smart approach. Bring young generation with arcade style play and years down the road you will have many more dedicated hardcore flightsim players. Good move Eagle Dynamics and 1C!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Showed it to my wife yesterday, she's now intent on getting a copy aswell, hope to get her turned to the dark side of realism and hardcore simulation.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Thanks for the video Wags :thumbup:

I noticed when you used the Shkval in 'manual' mode (from 4:40-5:00), the indicator in front of the aircraft didn't follow the selections you made in the pop-up box. While when you set it to 'auto' (from 5: 25 onward), it did.

Shouldn't it also follow when you use the 'manual mode' :unsure:? The pop-up box is zoomed in on the target, which makes it difficult to see where, in the 'real world' your target is.

I think you need to reshoot this one. Gonna be boring to the kids. Maybe it's even better if someone else does it. Wags is great in those educational videos, but if you really want to get the attention of the arcade fans it's got to be more dynamic, and with LOTS more of blowing stuff up :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

I was just going to say where is GA when you need him. ;)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I think you need to reshoot this one. Gonna be boring to the kids. Maybe it's even better if someone else does it. Wags is great in those educational videos, but if you really want to get the attention of the arcade fans it's got to be more dynamic, and with LOTS more of blowing stuff up :)

Yeah that's exactly what I thought too.

I personally appreciated what he said though because I am probably going to play with a lot of game mode settings. But to the average gamer, even this would sound complicated and boring I think. They want to see something that resembles Comanche 4. Zipping around left and right and through valleys at high speed, firing rocket all over the place with tanks and buildings blowing up and then using the cannon on people etc.

I am thinking that all might be done in different movies though, when they start marketing it to the west.

I'll take care of this for the next video ;)

Actually, I bet you will lol. I've seen your last ones so I bet you could nail this. I can't wait to see it :)

thx wags but this mode is something I would not even consider playing. comanche is past :)

I fully understand lots of people are tempted by the thought of spending days on the tarmac, learning the startup sequence and trying to get of the ground without immediately crashing.... But I might consider using game mode to get a short introduction to the game before I start with the hard stuff (wouldn't be telling anyone though, bad for my reputation :smilewink:)

• Like 1