Jump to content

Is Free to Play active yet?


Recommended Posts

Looking at the module manager I only see options to Buy modules, not the ability to download for the 2 week period. Or is this only available if you are using Stable rather than OpenBeta?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Dauntless I signed in at the DCS web site and under my account was able to hit the Trial button on the first aircraft I wanted to try, and when I next restarted DCS there it was.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dentedend10 said:

So I was able to get a trial period for the F14 on the website. However, in-game it's not showing up. Let me know if you find a solution!

You will have to restart DCS and the module manager will inform you that you have a new module to download.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

37 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

You will have to restart DCS and the module manager will inform you that you have a new module to download.

I have tried restarting the game. I run it in Steam. I have also tried to install different Beta versions of the game (open public vs 2.7 beta), which also didn't solve the issue. When I run the game, the F14 module is not among the modules on the bottom. And I get no notification that I could download it. In Steam it still shows as the original price.

 

This is probably an issue with the Steam version. I wonder if there is a work-around or I would need to download the non-Steam version of the game


Edited by Dentedend10
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dentedend10 said:

I have tried restarting the game. I run it in Steam. ...

 


the free-to-try offer is only for stand-alone, not steam.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I play on OB (not steam), I activated and installed JF-17 free to play. Module is fine activated in DCS Module menu. but when I try instant action or mission with JF-17, it's impossible to flight the plane. no cockpit access, only external view or map as IA.
I try to delete module and download an install again --> same result
I try to repair DCS --> same result 
 

someone has any idea ?
thanks by advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question how long will the F2P period last? Is it indefinite until you use up your 14 days, or is there some time limit on when you can activate it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, irq11 said:

I play on OB (not steam), I activated and installed JF-17 free to play. Module is fine activated in DCS Module menu. but when I try instant action or mission with JF-17, it's impossible to flight the plane. no cockpit access, only external view or map as IA.

Might be your AV messing with the files. Try exluding DCS from scanning and try again to repair DCS or redownload the module.

Please continue in proper sub-forum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/626-bugs-and-problems/

(no, it's not Mazda forum 🙂 )

 

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I have a question how long will the F2P period last? Is it indefinite until you use up your 14 days, or is there some time limit on when you can activate it? 

After you enable the trial for the module in your profile the time starts for that module - after 14 days it will end for that module and you'll have to wait 6 months to try again that module. All modules are independent.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3, 27" LCD FullHD, Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS, customTiR   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🌍 NTTR, PG   🚢 Supercarrier

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...