Hi together,

I lately have a crash on reconnaissance but want to achieve it in 80s style without TGP, or other too fancy stuff.

I build a mission on the Syria map with kind of the worst case scenario:

Some SCUD randomly placed in the vicinty of military bases but still remote.

I used the Viggen, Hornet and Harrier out of Kirjat Shmona and placed three groups of 4 SCUDs each arround damascus, close to the military airfields but not on them and also outside of vilages.

I first tried to find the targets with the Hornet EXP modes and have to say, holy nutttts, it's not easy.

My experience with the Viggen A-G radar is quite good I would say, and I found them really fast with Viggen.

And here is the problem, if it is one. I found the Hornets radar performance very convincing with getting also a lot of returns from towns, etc.

The viggen however in LIN mode and between 1/4 and 1/3 of gain shows very clear returns from the targets without beeing cramped with other returns of nearby villages, and to the stories of pilots I know, that doesn't sound realistic.

I know that in the 80s they really used photo recon for this, but we don't have such a thing in DCS (...yet...hopefully)

How does Heatblur see this issue? Are you guy's waiting for a new API or Vulcan or something or is that topic counted as finsihed as is.

Feels kind of strange to me, A-G radar performace maybe to good, ELINT feels to weak (from the knowledge I have about equal systems)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Wish list: late DCS: GR.1 (with GR.1B) Tornado, Improved Combined Arms (like OFP/ArmA I/ArmA II), Improved Logistics

Build: Ryzen 3800X on X570, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4-3600 | Virpil T-50CM Stick & Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR 5