Night vision goggles do not function during dark night.

I use oben beta but that will be stable as from today....

I'm currently running through the A10c campaigns after finally learning this wonderful beast. Right now i have about 6 campaigns all stuck on their mandatory night mission because the night vision goggles just don't work. The world is a black void, only the stars are visible. I even crash into mountains if I don't notice the sudden cutoff of stars. I can use the targeting pod but guns or anything that requires an outside visual are a no-go.

I know it was written up as a "known problem" with the 2.7 release but its far more serious than the small irritant its been made out to be.

I see no-one complaining about this. Is anything being done about it ?

I've got the same problem.

So I'm unable to teach night missions in the OFS until it is fixed. 😞

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI Z270 Krait | CPU i7 7700k @ 4.8 GHz | RAM 32 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 3080 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Rift S & HP Reverb G2 | PointCTRL | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Throttle Quadrant Logitech | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: All

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

On 6/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, Nickentik said:

I use oben beta but that will be stable as from today....

I'm currently running through the A10c campaigns after finally learning this wonderful beast. Right now i have about 6 campaigns all stuck on their mandatory night mission because the night vision goggles just don't work. The world is a black void, only the stars are visible. I even crash into mountains if I don't notice the sudden cutoff of stars. I can use the targeting pod but guns or anything that requires an outside visual are a no-go.

I know it was written up as a "known problem" with the 2.7 release but its far more serious than the small irritant its been made out to be.

I see no-one complaining about this. Is anything being done about it ?

temporary solution for now is to edit the .miz in editor, modify date so that there is full moon and perhaps remove clouds if theyre thick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Thanks for the replies. It warms my old heart to know I'm not alone in this.

Posting tracks is hard as its super frustrating to deal with and I have my hands full with RL stuff right now. In the little free time I have I just want to blow stuff up XD.

Changing the moon and weather is a good idea that could work with some of free content, many of the campaign are locked however.

I think it's really weird that this was not prioritized directly after it was discovered. I'm flying into the ground quite a lot because the NVGs doesn't provide enough ground lighting.

Can't run my night missions effectively without it and as a consequence, I stopped flying them.

@NineLine Any words on this and why it's not being prioritized?

Edited by b0bl00i

I have this problem with last mission of Argo (Huey) campaign. How long this has been unfixed? Maybe I should ask the creator modify mission. 

Specs: Ryzen 3800X, 32 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti, Reverb G1, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

I've edited 09_A10Sturm1.miz to start 5:30 instead of 2:00 a.m. in A-10C Sturmovik campaign.
But this is only possible in unencrypted campaigns.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI Z270 Krait | CPU i7 7700k @ 4.8 GHz | RAM 32 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 3080 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Rift S & HP Reverb G2 | PointCTRL | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Throttle Quadrant Logitech | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: All

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN