Can i see synthetic runway with ILS only?

No, you have to have a waypoint on the runway with the runway heading parameter (CP - Cap Piste) set correctly in order to see the synthetic runway. With the recent nav updates you can now set it from the cockpit instead of relying on having it set in the mission editor which is very cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The synthetic runway feature is a combined INS/PCN/barometric function. It relies on four pieces of data:

• ILS localizer and glideslope position
  • system altitude above runway surface
  • PCN value for true heading of runway
  • PCN value for glideslope angle

As long as your altimeter is calibrated correctly and your currently selected BUT values for heading and glide slope match the runway and ILS GS respectively then the synthetic runway feature will integrate well with the active ILS. It doesn't matter where that BUT is located relative to you or the airport. All the system is doing is pulling those two numbers out of computer memory to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

You don’t actually need the waypoint coordinates, only CP and PD are required. LAT and LON don’t have any effect.

Don’t forget QFE setting too.

Huh I didn't even realize that. Saves me some trouble! Makes sense too. Otherwise you'd have to be very specific about the part of the runway you chose IRL which would be super prone to error. Also explains why the QFE has to be right, not using the ALT from the waypoint either. 

It is nice having some coordinates near to get a good idea of your distance from the airfield though