Hind Pew Pew video today? :)

Madgun

1 hour ago, schurem said:

Perhaps as partof the update that includes the Krokodil, they fix the insane accuracy of IFV's such as the BMP3 which is more accurate vs aircraft than a ZSU-23-4!

Funnily, I tend to find shilka to be one of the most benign "threats" because it'll merrily miss you and open up at relatively short range. BMP-2 though... That thing is evil 😂

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• ED Team

Lets not get to off topic, keep it Mi-24 related. 

You will need to pick your targets carefully, and know when to push an attack or not. I have been dealing with ranged targets with ATGM, then cleaning up with cannon and rocket attack. 

The skill level of the AI target makes a big difference so bare that in mind, head on attacks are risky, angled attacks work better. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah every ai is sniper in the game. Once you get in their range, they shoot you in the butt
I always get in the face...

I'm getting more and more exited for this release. Wonder how Petro will work.
Also wish we could have an MP video.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Using cannons in this thing looks like a ton of fun, seriously, it looks "SICK AF" I will not lie. The elegance and simplicity of the sighting and ranging system typical Soviet design. It just works. I will have so much fun in this thing. Hopefully I will be able to spot targets without labels in VR 🙂 (Or maybe Petrovich will help me with this). 

Seriously, I want to fly this beast as soon as possible and blow things up with rockets and guns 🙂 Like, yesterday. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Using cannons in this thing looks like a ton of fun, seriously, it looks "SICK AF" I will not lie. The elegance and simplicity of the sighting and ranging system typical Soviet design. It just works. I will have so much fun in this thing. Hopefully I will be able to spot targets without labels in VR  (Or maybe Petrovich will help me with this). 

Seriously, I want to fly this beast as soon as possible and blow things up with rockets and guns Like, yesterday. 
Word!

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The skill level of the AI target makes a big difference so bare that in mind,

Well there's this guy - two dozen HE/Frag rockets in close proximity have just annihilated his squad, fortunately the ringing in his ears suppressed their screams and unless he's the luckiest guy in the universe I'm certain that he has some metal sticking in uncomfortable places now - some of the dirt, dust and smoke probably got into his eyes as well  and even if not the visibility is 2 feet maximum anyway.

Yet despite all that physical and mental anguish he still manages to hip fire his rifle on full auto with the dispersion of a laser beam almost perfectly leading the attacking helicopter while its 12.7mm MG rounds are pelting the ground around him.

If that is "average" I really don't want go up against their elite. 😯

IOW: Some form of suppression and SA limits for infantry and other ground units would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Blackeye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Well there's this guy - two dozen HE/Frag rockets in close proximity have just annihilated his squad, fortunately the ringing in his ears suppressed their screams and unless he's the luckiest guy in the universe I'm certain that he has some metal sticking in uncomfortable places now - some of the dirt, dust and smoke probably got into his eyes as well  and even if not the visibility is 2 feet maximum anyway.
Yet despite all that physical and mental anguish he still manages to hip fire his rifle on full auto with the dispersion of a laser beam almost perfectly leading the attacking helicopter while its 12.7mm MG rounds are pelting the ground around him.

If that is "average" I really don't want go up against their elite.

IOW: Some form of suppression and SA limits for infantry and other ground units would be very much appreciated.

a little OT but I wonder how much of the source code from the Mi-8 is used in the Hind.

I mean apart from the panel arrangement a lot of systems are the same as in the Hip.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"