Hind Pew Pew video today? :)

Madgun

30 minutes ago, 5k0rp1on said:

fingers crossed for tomorrow. i cant wait to see how the raduga sh will work in-game

I believe the next video will focus on the unguided weapons. Cannon, rockets, bombs, pods and the gun sight. The meaty cannon will definitely be the highlight of that vid!

The other 3 that are planned (but it all depends on Wags' schedule) are: guided weapons, landing, Petrovich AI.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morrov said:

I believe the next video will focus on the unguided weapons

yes. i saw wags say that in the comments of the take off video. definitely looking forward to that absolute beast of a cannon

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morrov said:

The other 3 that are planned (but it all depends on Wags' schedule) are: guided weapons, landing, Petrovich AI.

Where's that info from? I was kinda expecting a flying/hover/navigation video as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

5 minutes ago, Eldur said:

Where's that info from? I was kinda expecting a flying/hover/navigation video as well.

We already have a hover video, flying and basic navigation will be able to be covered in weapons and landing videos. No real need to have them broken out into their own video.

• Like 1

the Petrovich AI might not be 100% finished yet. Or finished, tested extensively for quality, signed off and checked as "complete". If that's the case, Wags might not even have it to show it to us. Besides, these vids aren't for show, but for instruction, and many won't use the AI but choose to manipulate EVERY button. These vids are for all to learn.

I wouldn't worry about the AI just yet, first they need to finish the aircraft, it's systems, do bug testing, then add the AI, bug test and so on.

• Thanks 1

Idk man..

First did I hear wrong or will bombs ; kmgu; and two rocket types not be available till later?

Back to the AI - it's a huge deal to me and a lot of people it's a 2 seat helo.  They generally don't add another seat just for laughs.  It so important that it disturbs me a lot if the Petrovich AI is so behind they don't dare even show it in a EA video.  For example why did wags switch seats? He didn't do a gun run in the front. No atgms.  He switched to just show us him turning a fan on and to arm the weapons?  I mean if Petrovich can't even arm weapons that's a MAJOR issue to me.  I hate to harp on the f14 but it's the only comparison we have.  To me the Petrovich AI is such a core part of the module I'd be very concerned to the point of rethinking things if he's really bad initially.  Obviously I could be wrong but that tells me my priorities and thoughts on front seat AI don't match EDs - and seeing how long E/A lasts one wonders if that means Petrovich won't be firing atgms on his own until a year or two? 

It's too early to tell, but dont mistake my motives.  I WANT this to work out. Desperately so. But the AI multicrew is about as big a deal as you can get for me with some airframes and unfortunately that especially counts as a mi24 (atgms are the fire and forget for example). And I'd definitely be lying to you if I didn't say my anxiety has just grown with the more info I've gotten.

in the pew pew video, wags is making a gun run very close to the targets. if you do that in the game against active AI, you are pretty dead

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
4 hours ago, sublime said:

Idk if I should be concerned he jumped to the front seat to turn the safety's off etc..

I just wonder - why aren't they showing the Petrovich off?

The switches were already set. Wags just showed it if you want to do manually. 

3 hours ago, Rick50 said:

the Petrovich AI might not be 100% finished yet. Or finished, tested extensively for quality, signed off and checked as "complete". If that's the case, Wags might not even have it to show it to us. Besides, these vids aren't for show, but for instruction, and many won't use the AI but choose to manipulate EVERY button. These vids are for all to learn.

I wouldn't worry about the AI just yet, first they need to finish the aircraft, it's systems, do bug testing, then add the AI, bug test and so on.

You will see elements of Petrovitch in the next video (ATGM), there was no need in this video, he will show it off where it is needed, thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, ebabil said:

in the pew pew video, wags is making a gun run very close to the targets. if you do that in the game against active AI, you are pretty dead

At least you have some armour protection in the Hind. It's not like the Mi-8 or UH-1H where you're trusting your life to a greenhouse and a little tinplate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ebabil said:

Well that's what the ATGM are for to an extent. You can also adjust your attack to catch units by surprise, and also fire a bit further out of optimal range espessially with the S8 rockets. I'm able too take out the units in the Mi-8 covoy mission without to much difficulty if i'm smart about it. 

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ebabil said:

If you do that in the game against active AI, you are pretty dead

Perhaps as partof the update that includes the Krokodil, they fix the insane accuracy of IFV's such as the BMP3 which is more accurate vs aircraft than a ZSU-23-4!

• Like 2

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

15 hours ago, ebabil said:

That's exactly what I was thinking watching the video. I did try a similar attack run with the Ka-50 a while ago. Got totally shredded by vehicle-mounted MG's.

52 minutes ago, schurem said:

Perhaps as partof the update that includes the Krokodil, they fix the insane accuracy of IFV's such as the BMP3 which is more accurate vs aircraft than a ZSU-23-4!

We can only hope.

It makes no sense that IFV's without any type of radar assistance and with a narrow FOV from gunsight can hit fast flying helicopters and jets without much difficulty.

In real life, a fast and low flying helicopter like Mi-24P, won't even be noticed until it is too late.  

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 2

Yeah every ai is sniper in the game. Once you get in their range, they shoot you in the butt

• Like 3

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5