MCG Ultimate Grip loss of Brake Lever spring?

Anyone ever lose the brake lever spring action in an MCG grip?

Looking for some guidance on this - yesterday with my MCG Ultimate grip I lost all spring tension in the brake lever.

It will still work as the way it is weighted the lever will fall fully forward when not in use, but it sure ain't the same with no tension being applied when moving it.

Just wondering if this is something I can easily fix? I sure don't want to mess this puppy up any further.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index|

Ok opened the grip up and it is a broken spring for the Brake Lever.

Will open a support ticket with VKB.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index|

Just to update I contacted VKB and they very promptly contacted me yesterday advising they will be sending a couple more springs to me.

So should have here in the new week or so I would think.

Very prompt on responding to me.

Whilst I can use that brake lever it just does not feel right with no spring action going on.

Plus I got to thinking, it is not like I am using the paddle all that often - at least while flight simming. However it occurs to me now while I have the stick mounted to my desk and just sitting here, I have a habit of operating that paddle lever just by habit, back and forth and back and forth. It is like a magnet to me lol. Guess I should probably quit doing that. Maybe if not for that the spring might never have broke.

• Like 1

Don B