Jump to content

Our work is focused on the AH-64D Block II for Early Access release


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mower said:

... but I will say that the Longbow is far more significant and useful than the Mosquito IMHO.

 

The Mosquito is much more significant than this helicopter, with a lot more war missions flown, examples built, and countries served ...  there is just no comparison.

  • Like 8

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mower said:

Can only do so much as a developer, but I will say that the Longbow is far more significant and useful than the Mosquito IMHO.

The difference is that the Mosquito is a day-1-must-buy for me, and the Longbow is a very low chance of buying even in the distant future. Attack helicopters are not my cup of tea, not at all, so the Hind also generates zero hype for me.

 

I am pretty sure that a much larger number of DCS paying customers will say the exact opposite though.

  • Like 5

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

 

... well, he could have said it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bozon said:

The difference is that the Mosquito is a day-1-must-buy for me, and the Longbow is a very low chance of buying even in the distant future. Attack helicopters are not my cup of tea, not at all, so the Hind also generates zero hype for me.

 

I am pretty sure that a much larger number of DCS paying customers will say the exact opposite though.

 

I'm with you on this one Bozon, so that's at least two of us in the minority!

 

Apache is an interesting project but it won't be on my day one to buy list, perhaps in a future sale once it's out of EA, maybe. The Hind.......no thanks, no interest to me whatsoever.

 

As you said, ED must think the Mosquito isn't worth much to them in monetary/sales terms, smaller number of paying customers for it in comparison to all the egg beaters they are developing, hence the total lack of progress/news and therefore hype for the Mosquito. Certainly at this stage I would have to agree with what snak said above, and say it looks as if it's either been put on the back burner for now or even shelved completely.


Edited by bart
  • Like 3

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let be honest,

99% of ppl mosquito = Sy0eka8.png

99% of ppl apache = C93vgt1.png


Edited by grafspee
  • Like 2

I7 8700k 4.9GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO, Ram 32 GB G.skill, Palit Gamerock OC 3090,Hotas Warthog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it is more modern than the HInd, but man, these americansky really know how to build an ugly helicopter 🙄

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Surely it is more modern than the HInd, but man, these americansky really know how to build an ugly helicopter 🙄


Aye, the always exposed landing gear and the cheese wheel make the AH-64 particularly visually offensive 🤣

 

The Russkies know a thing or two about making a cool looking military rotor craft, the Mi24 and Kamov 50 both look frightening.

 

Id say that in the UK at least the WW2 Mosquito would probably get more recognition than the current RAF and UK AAC stable. The EF, F35 and AH64 don’t really seem to have captured the imagination of the public the way the Jag, Harrier and Tornado did in the 80s. Maybe it’s the reduction in air shows, who knows?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here - Mossie = day 1 purchase...

 

Apache = zero interest

(too many hrs in Janes Longbow, before I got bored looking at green MFD screens)

 

I can see that the “Mossie demographic” may be middle aged British males, brought up on a diet of WW2 movies and general Armed Forces legend - and that younger folks never had the opportunity to make that connection.

 

As a young lad I was brought up on RAF Bomber Command and RN Fleet Destroyer stories by two relatives.  The pilot flew Stirlings, Lancs and Mossies (probably right at the end of the war, still trying to research)

 

His praise of the Mossie was utterly genuine.  I think he must have survived several tours by then...  Never talked about people, I guess better to blank out as so many lost, SO the Mossie represented a pretty good chance to survive.  
He clearly loved the Stirling for it handling but was terrified of the low altitude flight profile - flak, night fighters and Lancaster / Halifax bombs

I alway got the impression that he respected the Lanc, but that maybe it was a tool of work, the meat grinder, the vehicle for so many lost colleagues

 

There was one Mossie attribute that scared the hell out of him - the proximity of the props...!  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Id say that in the UK at least the WW2 Mosquito would probably get more recognition than the current RAF and UK AAC stable. The EF, F35 and AH64 don’t really seem to have captured the imagination of the public the way the Jag, Harrier and Tornado did in the 80s. Maybe it’s the reduction in air shows, who knows?

 
Maybe airshows....

 

Maybe because they’re faceless products from Corporate America

 

Keeping away(ish) from politics, but isn’t there something underhand about wrapping everything up in Union Jacks and praising the MoD’s new jet???

 

The Jag, Harrier, Tornado, Hawk, Vulcan, were tangibly British products or collaborations.  I don’t mean that from a jingoistic perspective - more that the British public had a much more real connection to the aircraft.  With the Vulcan no longer flying I suspect National pride and National aeronautical interest now rests solely with the Red Arrows and the BBMF

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mower said:

Can only do so much as a developer, but I will say that the Longbow is far more significant and useful than the Mosquito IMHO.

 

In that case I suggest you keep your opinion out of the Mossie sub thread... 

 

Honestly what kind response were you expecting 

 

I wouldn't be too worried, aren't the modern and wwii teams separate? 

 

Plus we have been led to believe that the only thing holding up the Mozzie from EA is a new 3D model. 

  • Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 16GB Ram | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MFG crosswind Pedals

 

Project IX Cockpit

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Our work is focused on the AH-64D Block II for Early Access release"

This is the worst news, every mosquito lover could read.


Edited by grafspee
  • Like 2

I7 8700k 4.9GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO, Ram 32 GB G.skill, Palit Gamerock OC 3090,Hotas Warthog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Same here - Mossie = day 1 purchase...

 

Apache = zero interest

(too many hrs in Janes Longbow, before I got bored looking at green MFD screens)

 

 

Exactly to the letter my stand.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rkk01 said:

 
Maybe airshows....

 

Maybe because they’re faceless products from Corporate America

 

Keeping away(ish) from politics, but isn’t there something underhand about wrapping everything up in Union Jacks and praising the MoD’s new jet???

 

The Jag, Harrier, Tornado, Hawk, Vulcan, were tangibly British products or collaborations.  I don’t mean that from a jingoistic perspective - more that the British public had a much more real connection to the aircraft.  With the Vulcan no longer flying I suspect National pride and National aeronautical interest now rests solely with the Red Arrows and the BBMF

 


I see your point but the EF is a UK product though, or at least partly by consortium. The Tornado and Jag were the same. Harrier was a completely British effort with collaboration later.
 

The UK F35 and AH64s are built in the UK under licence, or at least assembled locally. UK involvement in F35 has been quite large.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why I missed the EF Typhoon... Euro consortium, of course

 

Also, wasn’t aware that the F-35 was being UK assembled.  I do recall that Westland were involved in the UK Apache fleet

 

Back to the Mosquito, I have been quite shocked at how such a famous aircraft has dropped off people’s radar - especially on a site like this were we are all, presumably, aviation enthusiasts...

 

I think (hope) that the thread is off target anyway - my understanding was that the helo, fast jet and WW2 dev teams were largely separate, so more work on Hind / Apache wouldn’t knock on to the Mosquito

 

I did have a random thought re Corsair and Hellcat though... would ED permit an F4U release if they have an F6F in progress? First Pacific warbird to launch is likely to mop up a lot of sales

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Frankly, I can´t see any truth in the assumption, that the Mossie is hold back because ED commented in the last newsletter around the AH64, that they want to focus on early access for the Apache. This is how rumors start, simply on discussing assumptions out of nowhere. We already do know, that the Mossie is ready, but gets an upgrade of the outside textures. Somewhere Bignewy mentioned, that the texture upgrade makes good progress. 

 

What I wonder about is, that so far none of the expected modules, which should be ready meanwhile, is released yet. Well, the Hind surely will be released within next two weeks ( realistic  estimation ). But beside the Mossie, what about the Kiowa or the F4U Corsair? Following the development, they already should have been realeased, but the news about these got very quiet now for some time. I wonder if there´s something else going on in the background, regarding extra work need to be done for a proper implementation into 2.7 and the new cloud system.

 

The Mossie is an instant buy for me, but more because it is a two prop engine fighter bomber and much more interesting to experience for me, instead more of the same single seated, single prop fighters. Well, any additon to WW2 scenario is appreciated for sure, but there´s a special interest in the Mossie, I would say.  


Edited by Rosebud47
typo
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

..., what about the Kiowa or the F4U Corsair? Following the development, they already should have been realeased, but the news about these got very quiet now for some time. I wonder if there´s something else going on in the background, regarding extra work need to be done for a proper implementation into 2.7 and the new cloud system.

 

 

both the kiowa and the corsair are third party developments, so they have no relationship with ED works like the clouds or the mossie.

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

 

 

both the kiowa and the corsair are third party developments, so they have no relationship with ED works like the clouds or the mossie.

 

Oh, I would say, the 3rd parties are in deep relationship with ED´s work. But I got your point, leading to some often heard discussions, in which people spread out ´knowledge´ about how ED manages human resources inside the company - I won´t follow discussions in this direction, but would think, that to every project, there is at least one lead project manager responsible. 

 

My point is, that the delay in releasing awaited modules, might be related to ED´s work in the background, like new cloud systems with 2.7 or Vulkan implementation, handling of missiles in the simulation or something else in the background simulation, which may impact the work of the project managers of one module and/or the 3rd party developer´s modules. There´s always so much going on in the background simulation. 

 

I´m more in the trust-and-patience-team, when looking at the long roadmap ED has got and the overall size of the DCS World project. I would say, let them focus on their priorities, for example bringing the Hornet out of Early Access ( a lot of people are waiting for this step for a long time ), fixing the clouds, etc. etc. and then get focus on the next point on the to-do list. 

 

I´m pretty sure the Mossie will be released in Early Access before the AH64. The answer to this thread would be simply: no.  


Edited by Rosebud47
typo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Not sure why I missed the EF Typhoon... Euro consortium, of course

 

Also, wasn’t aware that the F-35 was being UK assembled.  I do recall that Westland were involved in the UK Apache fleet

 

Back to the Mosquito, I have been quite shocked at how such a famous aircraft has dropped off people’s radar - especially on a site like this were we are all, presumably, aviation enthusiasts...

 

I think (hope) that the thread is off target anyway - my understanding was that the helo, fast jet and WW2 dev teams were largely separate, so more work on Hind / Apache wouldn’t knock on to the Mosquito

 

I did have a random thought re Corsair and Hellcat though... would ED permit an F4U release if they have an F6F in progress? First Pacific warbird to launch is likely to mop up a lot of sales


Actually now I think about it it’s more BAe UK Salmsbury making significant F35 components with the aircraft being assembled in the US, up to now at least the UK F35s seem to be arriving from the US. There is an F35 gate guardian outside the Salmsbury plant now.

 

Yes, I thought ED had a separate WW2 team. It does feel like WW2 is being abandoned somewhat. It’s unfortunate as 3rd party devs will probably factor this in when deciding to commit to making WW2 aircraft for DCSW.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to see which is more anticipated, do a survey.

TWC_SLAG

 

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.6mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 49" 4K 60hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 1:58 PM, Rudel_chw said:

 

The Mosquito is much more significant than this helicopter, with a lot more war missions flown, examples built, and countries served ...  there is just no comparison.

I understand  this is a mosquito forum and everyone here is rooting for their favorite  airframe. Obviously a day one buy for those enthusiasts.  While Rlruffling feathers here is not my intention still i don't understand how you guys don't see that from standpoint of significance Apachie is definitely  ahead. In pretty much every released map there are owners and good use for the Apachie.

On the other hand, why would a mossy find itself in Las vegas, Syria or Persian gulf?

 

That said I'm here long enough to know that no matter the amount of "shut up and take my money" posts,  modules will release whenever they get released and not sooner. I was really furious  that the Hornet wasn't  released Christmas 2012. Well, I got over it. I can only suggest you guys enjoy what you have now . 

  • Like 1

Anton.

 

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, agrasyuk said:

.. On the other hand, why would a mossy find itself in Las vegas, Syria or Persian gulf?

 

So, you select which aircraft to buy based on which maps do you have? .. I understand we all have different criteria for selecting our aircrafts, but to me that is an unusual one 🤔  .. I will fly the Mosquito in Normandy and The Channel ... eventually ED will release a WW2 Marianas and then I will fly it there too.

 

Also, if I remember correctly, Israel operated 60 mosquitos during the 50's, and even if it was a different version  I could still edit a few ground attack missions on that map.

  • Like 2

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

ED will prioritize a project that will give them more profit IMO. Now which one will give more profit between Mosquito and Apache ?

  • Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, snak said:

the above is a quote from ED today, does that mean the Mosquito has either been dumped or put on the back burner?

 

Someone missing ED WW2 team has separated from modern content team. ED has diferent develop studios on Moscow. The Apache has building by old Belsimtek Studio, called from 2016-17 Zhukovsky studio, outside Moscow with actually make modern content (F/A-18C / F-16CM / Hind P / Apache, etc). The WW2 team has on the main DCS Studio on Moscow with the "main" team with make the core improvements. Meanwhile all related to the Map Engine improvement, Motion Capture and Terrain develop Kit tools has centred on Minks Studio. All info was talk by Wags on the old "Wags in Moscow" post from 2018

 

Actually the Moskito has delayed by a redone of external 3D model.


Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

 

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oceandar said:

ED will prioritize a project that will give them more profit IMO. Now which one will give more profit between Mosquito and Apache ?

 

If that were true, then why ED would simulate a Mosquito at all? They could instead just model US modern aircrafts 🤪

  • Like 5

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...