Hi there !

Is there any plans on working with AMD to develop FSR on DCS World ?

It could hugely be profitable to all users and especially VR pilots.

Considering the GPU shortage and pricing for the upcoming 2 years it could be very welcomed to have this technology to be added to DCS World.

Syria at low altitude in the Hind or the Apache will be very taxing for most of our computers.

I know it could be looked at being ''low level priority'' versus modules and assets but you should consider our ability to run the game smooth and beautiful if you want us to continue to spend money on it.

And since FSR is supposed to work with Nvidia cards also maybe it could be the most profitable option for us all (instead of DLSS).

Thank you guys !

PS : Can't wait for the Mosquito and the first pics of the Apache looks good !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RoxSy said:

Syria at low altitude in the Hind or the Apache will be very taxing for most of our computers.

This is likely due to CPU limitation so FSR won’t help with that. 

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

This is likely due to CPU limitation so FSR won’t help with that. 

Why would that sound like a CPU limitation? Higher poly count from the improved terrain mesh, more unique and higher detail objects as well as density, more texture streaming, more shadows, more anti-aliasing... 
It could literally be a person sitting on a 5950x with an 9xx card with todays GPU prices.

And that's exactly what FSR is for. To make people enjoy higher resolutions on less capable systems. And DCS would definitely benefit from any optimization which is free even.
Open source API, super easy to implement. GPU vendor neutral.

• Like 2

Best regards

3 hours ago, Madfish said:

Why would that sound like a CPU limitation? Higher poly count from the improved terrain mesh, more unique and higher detail objects as well as density, more texture streaming, more shadows, more anti-aliasing... 
It could literally be a person sitting on a 5950x with an 9xx card with todays GPU prices.

And that's exactly what FSR is for. To make people enjoy higher resolutions on less capable systems. And DCS would definitely benefit from any optimization which is free even.
Open source API, super easy to implement. GPU vendor neutral.

Just saying. If you are cpu limited which in many situations is the case in DCS, this won’t help. FSR or DLSS aren’t magic bullets. They’re just fancy upscaling. Basically just another graphic setting to play with. 

• Like 1

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Posted (edited)

Just saying ... but saying nothing relevant actually.

We hear that all the time and even people with high-end CPU's are still struggling, especially with VR.

I myself have a 3600x and I have a overall good FPS performance with an overall beautiful game in 1440p (non-VR) but I cannot use anti-aliasing past 2x MSAA and no SSAA at all.

Guess what, it tanks my GPU (RX5700xt)

Scales everywhere ...

I think I would greatly beneficiate of that free performance boost, even if I don't expect Spudknocker's videos quality.

And it is not AMD bound, on the contrary of DLSS to be Nvidia only.

We all know that DCS is very taxing on GPUs so what's the point on cherry picking ?

My point is that there will be a point where DCS customers won't be able to go deeper into the game and spending money on modules and terrain if they cannot keep up with their setup and they will seriously reconsider spending more money into modules if they have to pull out 1500€ for a new GPU (in a year at best ...)

You have to consider it as a circle.

You have a beautiful and smooth game so :

1- you have a good experience, so

2- you want to invest time, so

3- you buy a new module, so

4- you buy new peripherals.

5- repeat from 1-

Now, we cannot improve ourselves with GPUs. Stocks are near 0 for 1 to 2 years and pricing will prevent most of us to invest in both new DCS content and hardware (even hardware at all).

As the game is growing it is becoming more and more taxing.

That makes sense.

But if you want to keep up the hype you have to help us keep a good experience.

Edited by RoxSy
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RoxSy said:

I think I would greatly beneficiate of that free performance boost

It wouldn’t be a free performance boost. Like any other graphic setting it’s a compromise. 
Look how there are four different quality settings. So clearly you aren’t seeing exactly the same graphics with no loss of quality.

it’s not “free”

4 hours ago, RoxSy said:

I cannot use anti-aliasing past 2x MSAA and no SSAA at all.

You shouldn’t use both of these at the same time. Honestly SSAA is too expensive for minimal benefit. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1