I think that was only an MI35M thing. They cut the winglet down, so it wouldnt be quite as loaded at the wingtip as a Mi24P would be. The most ive seen is twin missile racks on each station.

Mi-24P carries max 8 Ataka missiles with 2 per station. Mi-35M also carries a maximum of 8 Atakas by the way. They are mounted on only one side.

As with what Jun said.

4 stations can carry Ataka/Shturm (the outer most ones and the middle ones), each with 2 missiles, for a maximum of 8.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

And in both cases, exactly the same set-up with a maximum of 8.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

That's because of how the control system works. It was explained in detail in one of the weeklies, and the selector dial doesn't go beyond 8. 🙂 I think the rack was developed for Mi-28, and "back-ported" to Mi-35M. Of course, you are flying lopsided as a result, but it allows you to carry 8 missiles while freeing up the opposite hardpoint.

8 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

That's because of how the control system works. It was explained in detail in one of the weeklies, and the selector dial doesn't go beyond 8. 🙂 I think the rack was developed for Mi-28, and "back-ported" to Mi-35M. Of course, you are flying lopsided as a result, but it allows you to carry 8 missiles while freeing up the opposite hardpoint.

To be fair, I've never seen a photo where the opposite hardpoint wasn't empty either. Wonder what's the weight it adds up to. Perhaps close to maximum with 8 missiles and 3 rocket pods?

Modules:

MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk T1A, C-101, FC3, A-10C, CA, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, L-39, MiG-15Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, Yak-52, Christen Eagle II, MiG-19, I-16, JF-17, F-14, F/A-18C, Fw-190A8, AV-8B/NA, Spitifre IX

Mods:

A-4E, MB-339, Edge 540

Utility modules:

Combined Arms, NS 430 GPS

It might be that the fire control system can't handle asymmetrical loadouts. If you can only select the hardpoints as pairs, it might not be possible to actually use anything loaded opposite the Atakas. In fact, with the wings being reduced on the Mi-35M, it probably carries them like that simply because that's the only way it can carry 8 Atakas.

There are some pictures of 8x atakas on both pylons that add to confusion, but thats just for the sake of demonstration. Installations for it are supposedly only in right wing. There are combat videos of Iraqi ones with 2xS8 pods and 8 atakas on right wing. Also Serbian ones on excersises with atakas only on right wing.

may I - just for the sake of it - remind of common sense - and wiring.

Demos and PR are exactly that... actual system capability is something else - or why were B-52s until very recently carrying precision munitions draggily around on external pylons with empty cavernous bomb bays...

We will get to enjoy a "24 P" - which is very muched spelled differently from "35 <<enter letter here>>"

The former has cabletree wiring for 4 stations with 2 channels each, the latter a cabletree on one station for module carriers up to 8 channels.

Variations will see the light of day.. eventually.. for both.. or not.

None of which has anything to do with the module in discussion for the foreseeable DCS future.

/thread (for the DCS-module... for the topic... keep going.. for one has to have seen a 72 with Italian (sic!) upgrades to not believe anything to be possible any time.. somewhere)