Jump to content

Still waiting, patiently, for Cyprus addendum


Recommended Posts

this is why we dont get bug fixes.....

  • Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

 

cw1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shu77 said:

this is why we dont get bug fixes.....

 

Exactly... I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the "I can't wait for Cyprus" battering

 

This map already is soo beautiful and full of opportunities, yet it seems that many are only waiting for Cyprus to be added. I wonder why that is. Maybe just because they've visited RAF Akrotiri at some point? Maybe because of a Cyprus vacation?

 

I so wish Ugra focused first on fixing some of the pressing bugs, before adding new content. Unfortunately reality seems otherwise 😞 

 

 

By the way, and this is an honest question: Which of the currently available DCS modules actually flew from Cypruss/Akrotiri?

  • Like 2

System specs:

 

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

 

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in Cyprus Air Force we flew MI-35P's, gazelles, bell 206's

Hellenic air force:  F-16s, A-7s and F-4s visited and stayed during various exercises

Israeli F-16s, F-15s, F-35 also conducted exercises with Cypriot air Defenses.

Hellenic Army used to bring UH-1s in Cyprus.

RAF flew F-4s, Tornados, Eurofighter's and sometimes F-35s iirc, Also they used to bring the Red arrows to train here.

French Navy also brought Rafales and trained with Cypriot air Defenses.


So yeah we don't have many modules that actually flew over Cyprus, but why does this even matter? 

Also i want Cyprus because i'm actually Cypriot. I find it strange that they made Syria map and they didn't add Cyprus in the first place.
Moreover they will probably fix the bugs at the same time that Cyprus gets released.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 minutes ago, trelos57 said:

So yeah we don't have many modules that actually flew over Cyprus, but why does this even matter? 
 

 

No it doesn't matter. As I said, it was just an honest side question out of curiosity 🙂 

 

 

19 minutes ago, trelos57 said:

Also i want Cyprus because i'm actually Cypriot. 

 

Ah yes, I forgot about that obvious reason why Ugra should add Cyprus 😏

 

  • Like 1

System specs:

 

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

 

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sirrah said:

 

🙂yes, I forgot about that obvious reason why Ugra should add Cyprus 

 

I didnt say that as a reason ugra should add Cyprus. That was an answer to your question of why some of us want Cyprus to be added.  The reason i personally want Cyprus is what i stated above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 3:03 AM, sirrah said:

 

Exactly... I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the "I can't wait for Cyprus" battering

 

This map already is soo beautiful and full of opportunities, yet it seems that many are only waiting for Cyprus to be added. I wonder why that is. Maybe just because they've visited RAF Akrotiri at some point? Maybe because of a Cyprus vacation?

 

I so wish Ugra focused first on fixing some of the pressing bugs, before adding new content. Unfortunately reality seems otherwise 😞 

 

 

By the way, and this is an honest question: Which of the currently available DCS modules actually flew from Cypruss/Akrotiri?

RAF Harriers, RAF C-130, RAF-C-17, RAF F-4, NATO training deployments , RAF CH-47, NATO aircraft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...