Ships firing anti-ship missiles don't obey release and max attack quantities

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone,

Found a bug with the ships in DCS that I couldn't see reported before. Very simply, when firing anti-ship missiles, ships don't obey release quantities nor do they obey max attack quantities.

In the track below I've stuck a La Combattante IIa, that is set-up to attack a Krivak II. I want the La Combattante IIa to fire a single missile at the Krivak II. To do this I've set the release quantity of anti-ship missiles to 1, and the max attack quantity 1, i.e; make 1 attack, firing a single missile.

Instead it keeps firing missiles until the Krivak II has sunk/been destroyed. Firing 2 salvos of 2 missiles each (with 25 seconds between each missile, and the 2nd salvo firing after the missiles of the first salvo have hit).

It gets especially bad when you have a ship with lots of missiles firing against a smaller ship, or when firing against a ship that can't really defend itself, that doesn't require lots of missiles to sink - in both cases it leads to them being pretty wasteful with the missiles.

Spoiler

In addition, they also doesn't obey the 'attack from' setting which allows you to specify a direction from which to conduct an attack. The saving grace here is that offensive manoeuvring has been implemented, meaning ships will turn if a target is outside their firing arcs.

AShM_Max_Fire.trk

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

?

I'm talking about mission editor controls for advanced waypoint actions. Though yes, looks like the same thing applies to combined arms.

It works fine for "Fire at Point" (i.e at a land based target), it doesn't for "Attack Group" (which allows you to specify a naval target).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

I gotchu, may bad. 

No worries, the issues might be related - it just seems we're describing 2 different (but similar) problems.

Edited by Northstar98