Visible liquid in whisky compass and bubbles when firing GAU-8

Fairly certain that's a malfunctioning whiskey compass, and not normal. Compasses with fluid should have little to no air in them, and that one looks like it has a major leak.

YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

Hm, I´ve seen other videos with the compass going crazy when the gun fires, so it might be realistic.

If it is, I think this would be a nice little detail in DCS.

• Like 1

Oh please no! More concerned with impact area, targets, current threat assessment to name but a few (and FPS) rather than watch some bubbles in a ball! :laugh: 

• Like 1

A whole bunch of people have commented on earlier requests referring to this video that a well maintained whiskey compass should not nearly show as many bubbles and that this particular one is in pretty bad shape and should be replaced/filled up.

Having such an effect in DCS would look nice, but would probably not be representative of the fleet of well maintained aircraft out there.

• Thanks 2

As Yurgon said, a properly maintained whiskey compass will not have air bubbles inside it.  When there is air inside the compass to make bubbles, it means that the seals are leaking fluid.

ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1. Partridge and pear tree pending. pilotfly.gif