Jagdflieger Campaign - no bullets?

Went through the 1st mission, weapon armed, all CB's on, counters 2/3 full, pull the trigger - nada. As it was just sightseeing went to 2nd mission, same thing! Tried Auto-Start to see if I was missing something, hit arming switch on/off/on, nothing. What in the world am I missing? Went into Instant Free Flight, works perfectly..?

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Don't know if that's a problem of the campaign.

In the Bf-109 you need to arm the guns (the switch on the dashboard next to the ammo-counters), which it seems you did. You also need to charge the Cannon (with air pressure) to function. You have to hold the button for a couple of seconds (It's the lowest button on the left side of the stick-base). I don't think you can click it with the mouse, but there is a binding for it or LAlt+Space on the keyboard IIRC. I don't remember what it's called exactly, should be in the weapons or stick section though. Notice also, that there are separate triggers for cannon and guns (and one that fires both I believe).

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx for the reply Tinman. I did turn the gun switch on but did not "charge" the cannon ("Charge MK 108(D)" in Options) and have it set to a button now. Thing is I have never charged the cannon but it's possible in Instant Action missions it may already be done for you.. but shouldn't at least the MGs fire with the switch by the ammo counters activated? I will try it again with the cannon charged and see what happens. As for triggers, on my stick I have a 2-stage trigger, first is set for MG, second for Cannons, and it works great. Which reminds me, where do you set the convergence for guns/cannons? Its more of a range thing for the nose cannon in a 109, but same idea.

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Now that you mention it: There is also a safety you have to remove in order to fire. I forgot about that in my previous post. There is another binding for that as well, you should see the cover flip over on the top of the stick, exposing the button to fire the cannon and also providing the trigger for the guns. I believe it's something like LShift+Space on the keyboard.

I am not aware of any setting for gun convergence. I don't believe it is really needed, though. All Weapons are pretty close to centerline anyway.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, I know the little flip cover you are talking about but again, In IA i'm 97.6443% sure it flips up when you squeeze the trigger. I'll check both things out shortly and add the flip up of the cover - "Guns Safety Lever (toggle)"  to my start up procedure (post-TO).. Thanks again, i'll let you know!

Edited by GaryR

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

In the Dora it's as you describe. In the 109 you have to remove the safety manually.

Yep, just bought that module also and played with it a bit but want to "master" the 109 before getting too involved, hence the confusion. OK, flipped the Safety cover, Armed the guns, Charged the cannons and all is well! One last question, what the heck is the command to move the "Propeller Pitch Rocker Switch (Drehzahl)" up and down to adj. manual pitch? Been through the command list a few times, see nothing.. Works with the mouse, but is a PITA..

Edit: NM, it's "Engine RPM Increase" and Engine RPM Decrease"... why not call it Manual Prop Pitch UP/DOWN!!!

Edited by GaryR