infrastructure integration (electrical power transmission/ ERW-SAMs)

Thera is a great network of power transmission lines.  Without utilizing triggers and controlling emissions that way what if we were able to use the powerlines or sub stations to power EWR systems, SAMs etc.  Say I knocked out a power station that feeds Shiraz airbase that in turn could blackout the area by downing the EWR.  If a backup generator system was also placed there could be a temporary power outage and recovery from the use of the backup system.  maybe also allow the lines to be repaired after a set mount of time there on after as if the airfield had a repair truck or repair crate dropped near the demolished infrastructure.  The infrastructure built into the game creates endless wartime possibilities.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

+1

Though personally, it might be better if RADARs had their generators added in (at the moment we only have the 5I57A - exclusively used for the S-300 system and the EPP-III used for the Patriot system) and then have a unit dependency on that.

I wonder if a feature such as this would be possible on say, the Marianas map, given that the power infrastructure should be a lot less complicated.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD