Jump to content

DCS F-16C Zoom questions


Recommended Posts

Hello fellow pilots, 

 

I knew this question might be asked before, but I couldn't find any answers, so I will post it here.

I'm using TM Warthog throttle and sticks, I set 'throttle friction INCR and DECR (the slider)' to zoom in/out for most of the aircrafts, for example, in the A-10C and F18C, I could rotate this axis forward to get zoom in (or decrease the FOV), so I can see either targets or MFCD more closely. When I move the axis back to the center position, I will be back to the normal zoom, and move axis backward does the opposite. 

However, in the F5, F16 and UH1, there is no zoom option in the axis setting, they can only be bound to the buttons, and this is what I'm currently doing, but compare with controlling zoom with axis, using button is lot a slower, especially in the F16, both MFCD are really small, I have to zoom in quite often. 

So the question comes, is there any way to bind zoom function to the axis for F16, F5 or UH1? or I need to set up a new profile in the TrackIR to use zoom when I move head forward? 

 

Thank you all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mason.zh said:

Hello fellow pilots, 

 

I knew this question might be asked before, but I couldn't find any answers, so I will post it here.

I'm using TM Warthog throttle and sticks, I set 'throttle friction INCR and DECR (the slider)' to zoom in/out for most of the aircrafts, for example, in the A-10C and F18C, I could rotate this axis forward to get zoom in (or decrease the FOV), so I can see either targets or MFCD more closely. When I move the axis back to the center position, I will be back to the normal zoom, and move axis backward does the opposite. 

However, in the F5, F16 and UH1, there is no zoom option in the axis setting, they can only be bound to the buttons, and this is what I'm currently doing, but compare with controlling zoom with axis, using button is lot a slower, especially in the F16, both MFCD are really small, I have to zoom in quite often. 

So the question comes, is there any way to bind zoom function to the axis for F16, F5 or UH1? or I need to set up a new profile in the TrackIR to use zoom when I move head forward? 

 

Thank you all.

F-16 has zoom axis. Mine is set to the zoom axis. It should be at the bottom of the axis page in control settings. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, I found the zoom view setting in the very bottom at the axis page... thank to @SCPanda

Now I feel like an idoit... I even spend 3 hours to exports MFCD to my second screen. Anyway, thank you guys.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm doing the same thing. If your zoom jitters around in TrackIR like mine does, put a curve on the zoom axis.

Also, have you checked out Helios for second screen exports? It's amazing for that.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mason.zh said:

Guys, I found the zoom view setting in the very bottom at the axis page... thank to @SCPanda

Now I feel like an idoit... I even spend 3 hours to exports MFCD to my second screen. Anyway, thank you guys.  

Glad you found the solution. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, InfinityWingman said:

I'm doing the same thing. If your zoom jitters around in TrackIR like mine does, put a curve on the zoom axis.

Also, have you checked out Helios for second screen exports? It's amazing for that.

Hi Infinity, 

Once I got my throttle slider set to the zoom axis, I simply turned off the zoom function in the TrackIR for z axis, after so many years using TrackIR without zoom I can't get used to it. I've heard some good feedback about Helios, however, I just went a 'old school' way, change the lua file in the monitor setup and I got 2 HUGE MFCDS displayed on my second monitor, the only problem is in the multiplayer server my framerate will drop especially when I place MAV screen on the left and TGP screen on the right in A10C. 😅

mfcd.jpg


Edited by mason.zh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 12:48 AM, InfinityWingman said:

I'm doing the same thing. If your zoom jitters around in TrackIR like mine does, put a curve on the zoom axis.

Also, have you checked out Helios for second screen exports? It's amazing for that.

like what do you mean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, mason.zh said:

Guys, I found the zoom view setting in the very bottom at the axis page... thank to @SCPanda

Now I feel like an idoit... I even spend 3 hours to exports MFCD to my second screen. Anyway, thank you guys.  

 

Thanks so much for posting this!

I've been trying to figure out how to intuitively use zoom and had no idea you could bind it to an axis.

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, Theodore42 said:

 

Thanks so much for posting this!

I've been trying to figure out how to intuitively use zoom and had no idea you could bind it to an axis.

👍

Glad this post helped you, I had no idea why in some aircrafts the zoom option is located in the middle of the menu, and in other aircrafts it located in the bottom. I had this issue when UH1 and F5 came out, I even thought they just don't have this function, until now...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...