Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 CM3 Throttle Problem

Posted (edited)
Curious if anyone else has had problems with the Virpil throttle.

Here is what I see:
1. One day - fine, no problem.

2. One day all lights B1-B6 - all Yellow (random, at MODE-1 not programmed, see photo). Throttles RX, RY, RZ work, nothing else (no other switches T1-T7, throttle switches, etc) works. X, Y, Z levers do not work.

3. Next day - all B1-B6 modes dark. No other switches work. (Normally MODE-1 is dark, MODE-2 Blue, MODE-3 Green, MODE-4 Red, MODE-5 Yellow) No other switches work RX,RY, RZ work. But RX, RY, RZ, are at an extreme reduced range of throttle movement - the physical throttles are good, but the virtual throttles have 50% of their range and require extreme tuning to work.

4. Same day, B1-B6 and other switches working again. Same day, all switches out. Same day, they work again.

As of today I went through 3-4 cycles of working/not-working in the space of 45 minutes.

It's a pattern of on-off-on-off-on-off. Very strange.

I am sending help requests to Virpil, but have been slower than usual to respond during the week due to my job. I am hoping someone on here has experienced the same and has the solution directly or what Virpil did.

I am thinking problem is either cord (fairly easy to fix) or circuit board (a little more work, but need the board).

(YES I HAVE TRIED : Resetting/reloading the Firmware, several times.)

Thanks!
Ben
null

image.jpeg

Edited by Ben27603

If you're asking for help , you might consider making the post more readable .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9700k , Aorus Pro wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Hotas on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , RiftS

"Hold my beer"

1 hour ago, Svsmokey said:

Yep, I stopped reading it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ben27603 said:
Curious if anyone else has had problems with the Virpil throttle.

Here is what I see:
1. One day - fine, no problem.

2. One day all lights B1-B6 - all Yellow (random, at MODE-1 not programmed, see photo). Throttles RX, RY, RZ work, nothing else (no other switches T1-T7, throttle switches, etc) works. X, Y, Z levers do not work.

3. Next day - all B1-B6 modes dark. No other switches work. (Normally MODE-1 is dark, MODE-2 Blue, MODE-3 Green, MODE-4 Red, MODE-5 Yellow) No other switches work RX,RY, RZ work. But RX, RY, RZ, are at an extreme reduced range of throttle movement - the physical throttles are good, but the virtual throttles have 50% of their range and require extreme tuning to work.

4. Same day, B1-B6 and other switches working again. Same day, all switches out. Same day, they work again.

As of today I went through 3-4 cycles of working/not-working in the space of 45 minutes.

It's a pattern of on-off-on-off-on-off. Very strange.

I am sending help requests to Virpil, but have been slower than usual to respond during the week due to my job. I am hoping someone on here has experienced the same and has the solution directly or what Virpil did.

I am thinking problem is either cord (fairly easy to fix) or circuit board (a little more work, but need the board).

(YES I HAVE TRIED : Resetting/reloading the Firmware, several times.)

Thanks!
Ben
null

Hi,

I had similar behaviour, I used a powered usb hub. When i stopped using that and plugged everything directly in my pc it worked like a charm.

usb hub was sitecom, not some alibaba thing

• Thanks 1

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

On 5/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, Svsmokey said:

Ok, in that case, my Virpil Throttle is fucked up. What now?

8 hours ago, Ben27603 said:

Ok, in that case, my Virpil Throttle is fucked up. What now?

contact support, with me they were extremely responsive

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Posted (edited)

I had similar issues.

Try to use another usb port (preferable USB 2.0) and skip any hubs.

If the error remains - it's a problem with the virpil throttle, if not, it's a problem with usb.

Since the introduction of USB 3.0 it sadly isn't anywhere near as reliable as it used to be....

Oh, and disable the hotplug feature in the settings!

Edited by Hiob
  • Thanks 1

OK. So this took some time. Mostly for trying different options.

1. I reconnected away from my hub directly to to computer. I do not know if it was USB 2.0 or 3.0. Computer is under desk and I was crawling around, a bit desperate, to be honest.
  2. Still kind of defective - so I did the full recalibration and saved it to my profile.
  3. Seems to have been successful.

I think there is some drop in power through the hub and possibly different USB revisions.

I've used the throttle for about 10 minutes now. So not much time so far.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:45 AM, Double Dutch said:

contact support, with me they were extremely responsive

My throttle is messed up. They are sending me some parts. Also a YouTube to watch to fix it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ben27603 said:

My throttle is messed up. They are sending me some parts. Also a YouTube to watch to fix it.

Are they sending you some replacement cables?