Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 CM3 Throttle Problem

nullCurious if anyone else has had problems with the Virpil throttle.

Here is what I see:
1. One day - fine, no problem.

2. One day all lights B1-B6 - all Yellow (random, at MODE-1 not programmed, see photo). Throttles RX, RY, RZ work, nothing else (no other switches T1-T7, throttle switches, etc) works. X, Y, Z levers do not work.

3. Next day - all B1-B6 modes dark. No other switches work. (Normally MODE-1 is dark, MODE-2 Blue, MODE-3 Green, MODE-4 Red, MODE-5 Yellow) No other switches work RX,RY, RZ work. But RX, RY, RZ, are at an extreme reduced range of throttle movement - the physical throttles are good, but the virtual throttles have 50% of their range and require extreme tuning to work.

4. Same day, B1-B6 and other switches working again. Same day, all switches out. Same day, they work again.

As of today I went through 3-4 cycles of working/not-working in the space of 45 minutes.

It's a pattern of on-off-on-off-on-off. Very strange.

I am sending help requests to Virpil, but have been slower than usual to respond during the week due to my job. I am hoping someone on here has experienced the same and has the solution directly or what Virpil did.

I am thinking problem is either cord (fairly easy to fix) or circuit board (a little more work, but need the board).

Thanks!
Ben

image.jpeg

Best to work with Virpil on this.

May take a few days to get initial response to support ticket, after that the communication goes faster.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 5/30/2021 at 1:02 PM, Ben27603 said:

nullCurious if anyone else has had problems with the Virpil throttle.

Here is what I see:
1. One day - fine, no problem.

2. One day all lights B1-B6 - all Yellow (random, at MODE-1 not programmed, see photo). Throttles RX, RY, RZ work, nothing else (no other switches T1-T7, throttle switches, etc) works. X, Y, Z levers do not work.

3. Next day - all B1-B6 modes dark. No other switches work. (Normally MODE-1 is dark, MODE-2 Blue, MODE-3 Green, MODE-4 Red, MODE-5 Yellow) No other switches work RX,RY, RZ work. But RX, RY, RZ, are at an extreme reduced range of throttle movement - the physical throttles are good, but the virtual throttles have 50% of their range and require extreme tuning to work.

4. Same day, B1-B6 and other switches working again. Same day, all switches out. Same day, they work again.

As of today I went through 3-4 cycles of working/not-working in the space of 45 minutes.

It's a pattern of on-off-on-off-on-off. Very strange.

I am sending help requests to Virpil, but have been slower than usual to respond during the week due to my job. I am hoping someone on here has experienced the same and has the solution directly or what Virpil did.

I am thinking problem is either cord (fairly easy to fix) or circuit board (a little more work, but need the board).

Thanks!
Ben

image.jpeg

Does your problem only happen when the throttles are moved from the far back position?  Move your throttles all the way back...still have the problems.  Trying to determine if it is the same problem I had.