Mavericks - VIS mode not ground stabilized

Is this a bug or intended behavior?

From what I understand Bore should not be ground stabilized and VIS should be (from watching Mav Wags video). I'm not able to get VIS to ground stabilize though.

Press DMS fwd to make HUD SOI, then press TMS aft. Now slew the targeting cursor (TDC?) on or near your target and press TMS fwd. SOI changes to your WPN screen. Now your maverick in VIS mode will be ground stabilized.

If you lock on the wrong object and press TMS aft while WPN is SOI, the maverick stops being ground stabilized. I don't know if this is a bug... Also, after launching a maverick and it switches to the next one, it doesn't seem to ground stabilize until you do the whole DMS fwd, TMS aft, slew, TMS fwd thing again. It's a pain!

• Thanks 1

Ok, I was trying to ground stabilize my Mav while the MFD was SOI. Yea, it does kinda suck that you have to do everything all over again with the next missile, it is what it is for now. 

I appreciate the response, thanks.

I will give it some practice.

• Like 1

I believe that TMS Down on the WPN page could return the Mav crosshairs to the TD Box point and ground stabilize, like it does in PRE. I also think that after a launch the next missile in the sequence should stabilize at the TD location. 

1 hour ago, Bunny Clark said:

I believe that TMS Down on the WPN page could return the Mav crosshairs to the TD Box point and ground stabilize, like it does in PRE. I also think that after a launch the next missile in the sequence should stabilize at the TD location. 

Just tested it. On WPN page of maverick in VIS mode, WPN is SOI, and it's ground stabilized after following my steps posted above. I press TMS aft and three things happen:

1. TD Box snaps to flight path marker and follows it
  2. HUD becomes SOI
  3. Maverick snaps to TD Box and follows it (if I slew, both maverick and TD box move together) but it is not ground stabilized until I press TMS fwd

I then lock and fire. The behavior on the next missile is that it is roughly boresighted -- it is not following the TD box or the FPM, and the worst part is it has no HUD indication either (normally it's a circle). I kinda suspect this is a bug 😛

• Thanks 2
On 5/30/2021 at 3:50 PM, Xavven said:

Just tested it. On WPN page of maverick in VIS mode, WPN is SOI, and it's ground stabilized after following my steps posted above. I press TMS aft and three things happen:

1. TD Box snaps to flight path marker and follows it
  2. HUD becomes SOI
  3. Maverick snaps to TD Box and follows it (if I slew, both maverick and TD box move together) but it is not ground stabilized until I press TMS fwd

I then lock and fire. The behavior on the next missile is that it is roughly boresighted -- it is not following the TD box or the FPM, and the worst part is it has no HUD indication either (normally it's a circle). I kinda suspect this is a bug 😛

I also had similar results, I appreciate it !

• Like 1