What happened to the radar after 2.7?

KenobiOrder

After 2.7, I notice that TWS manual no longer slews in azimuth for some reason. Additionally, the radar is now picking up every single air to air missile cluttering the radar screen to near uselessness. Exacerbating the missile tracking clutter is the fact that the way the F-18 handles frame storage seems to be extremely odd and nothing like the other jets in DCS. Its also unlike any description of radar operation I have read in manuals or videos of certain radars in operation. RWS track bricks fade slowly after contact. Ok. But now they also have a completely uncontrollable frame storage option that appears to save about 3 frames, causing every single contact on the screen to have  a screen cluttering trail running behind it. However, the timer function is still controlling the actual time the bricks stay on screen. So if you dont turn the time before track delete up, the radar wipes the screen too fast to be useful except at very narrow and very fast scans. If you turn it up, the brick fade time combines with the timer to produce massive trails analogous to mouse trails. Its seems as though we now have a double effect that is detrimental to radar usage. And then on top of this the RWS bricks are still being shown behind TWS HAFU symbols, making it hard to read anything on screen. I find it very hard to believe this is how this radar is supposed to work.

• Like 1

The previous implementation of TWS MAN and AUTO was incorrect. TWS MAN should center the scan volume at the azimuth if the cursor when depressed. Press and hold TDC Depress in A/A mode to enter SPOT mode, which is a space-stabilized, cursor-following mode that works in TWS and RWS.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/